ottoman height

cef710June 8, 2006

I just got a curved sectional sofa and I'm looking for a square or round ottoman. I'm looking on line and I'm confused by the different heights. Is there a rule of thumb as to how high the ottoman should be relative to the sofa's seat height?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sue36

I read that it should be the same height or a little lower. I have a chair with ottoman and they are exactly the same height, it is very comfortable.

Bookmark   June 8, 2006 at 4:25PM
mes444

I have an L shaped leather sectional and bought a rectangular ottomen which is about 1/2" lower than the sofa, very close to the same height. It is a very comfortable height. I saw where you asked about where to get an ottoman. Most leather furniture stores will build one for you. I wanted a fabric one and ordered it thru Storehouse, but they carry leather as well and they were very good on price and quality. I don't know where you live, but in the Dallas area, Weirs often has samples, etc., of leather ottomens for excellent prices.

Bookmark   June 9, 2006 at 11:31AM
ktee

Unfortunately I didn't realize the importance of knowing the height of the two when I bought new furniture. Good for you for checking ahead of time! I bought my main seating pieces and ottoman at a very reputable store and just assumed the designer there would steer me in the right direction. She didn't: the chairs are low (16") and the ottomans are 20". In addition to that, the ottomans are sooooooooooo heavy they can hardly be moved. I am very disappointed. It is too late for me to do anything about it according to the store.

Bookmark   August 11, 2006 at 11:28PM
More Discussions
Best quality Kids/Youth Furniture
Help! I have had more trouble finding decent quality...
dse1
Need Beadroom Furniture
Well, two months ago I changed my home furniture. But...
jazmin07
casco bay furniture from someone who didnt just join
Hi im looking for reviews on casco bay furniture from...
armstrongarland
Online slipcover companies
Need to re-slipcover our Arhaus Greta sectional, and...
kardut
Who Are Reputable Made In America/North American Furniture Companies?
I am looking for great-room/living room furniture for...
mothersnood
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™