ottoman height

cef710June 8, 2006

I just got a curved sectional sofa and I'm looking for a square or round ottoman. I'm looking on line and I'm confused by the different heights. Is there a rule of thumb as to how high the ottoman should be relative to the sofa's seat height?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sue36

I read that it should be the same height or a little lower. I have a chair with ottoman and they are exactly the same height, it is very comfortable.

Bookmark   June 8, 2006 at 4:25PM
mes444

I have an L shaped leather sectional and bought a rectangular ottomen which is about 1/2" lower than the sofa, very close to the same height. It is a very comfortable height. I saw where you asked about where to get an ottoman. Most leather furniture stores will build one for you. I wanted a fabric one and ordered it thru Storehouse, but they carry leather as well and they were very good on price and quality. I don't know where you live, but in the Dallas area, Weirs often has samples, etc., of leather ottomens for excellent prices.

Bookmark   June 9, 2006 at 11:31AM
ktee

Unfortunately I didn't realize the importance of knowing the height of the two when I bought new furniture. Good for you for checking ahead of time! I bought my main seating pieces and ottoman at a very reputable store and just assumed the designer there would steer me in the right direction. She didn't: the chairs are low (16") and the ottomans are 20". In addition to that, the ottomans are sooooooooooo heavy they can hardly be moved. I am very disappointed. It is too late for me to do anything about it according to the store.

Bookmark   August 11, 2006 at 11:28PM
More Discussions
Omnia leather furniture
We have seen a sofa by Omnia that we like - for around...
Susijo
Slats or Boxspring?
Like the title says: Slats or Boxspring to support...
pbx2
Quality Outdoor Furniture Brands/Materials?
I am looking to buy an outdoor dining set, chaise loungers...
wendage2
How do I Deep Clean a Filthy Leather Sofa?
I purchased a used leather sofa off Craigslist last...
trofywife
Rowe Furniture: Good or Bad?
I've been reading lots of comments on this site (both...
country459
Sponsored Products
Kjaerholm: PK91 Folding Stool Reproduction
Modern Classics Furniture
Lipstick Chevron Pouf
$79.99 | zulily
LRG Ottoman with Walnut Base - Artless
$1,760.00 | HORNE
Modern Classic Day Bed
| Italy Design
Egg Inspired Chair with Available Ottoman
IFN Modern
Black Leather Tufted Storage Bench Ottoman
Overstock.com
Fitzgerald Ottoman - Bentley Daisey Yellow
Joybird Furniture
VIG Furniture - Divani Casa 3330 - Modern Espresso Bonded Leather...
Great Furniture Deal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™