Samuel S. Case Cabinetmakers Furniture

simplicityseekerchJune 29, 2008

Has anyone purchased furniture from Samuel S. Case Cabinetmakers? I found them through their website. They seem to have a showroom and factory in Virginia. The furniture is pricey, but looks to be very well-made, although I would appreciate anyone's opinion who has experience with this company and its furniture. A link to their website appears below. Thank you.

http://www.samuelscase.com/

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
va_rosemary

I haven't purchased any of their furniture, but I used to live in P'ville and have visited their show room. Their furniture was very well made, but you're right, I thought it was a little pricey. This is far from Pottery Barn stuff! This is the kind of furniture that will last you your lifetime and then you'll pass it on to your kids (or whoever wants 18th century style furniture).

Bookmark   July 4, 2008 at 9:06AM
duanerc

In the niche of period reproductions, S. Case is not considered one of the better shops. Keep looking and you will find better options for that style of furniture at those price points.

Duane

Bookmark   July 6, 2008 at 10:37PM
simplicityseekerch

Thanks, Duane. What I like about Samuel Case is that they have china cabinets to match sideboards and tables. Most of the other period reproduction furniture makers that I've seen seem to have absolutely beautiful tables and sideboards, but don't show china cabinets on their websites. Are there any that you could point me to? Again, much thanks.

Bookmark   July 9, 2008 at 9:01PM
duanerc

Not many do china cabinets because they tend to get expensive.
Some sites you can check out are J.L. Treharn, Bucks Country Furniture, D.R. Dimes, 18th Century Furnituremakers (Mark Emirzian).

Samuel Case is not bad, but a lot of his pieces are belt-sanded and lacquer-finished, and some have poor board matches each time I've been in his showroom. For the price he charges they should have all those features.

Duane

Bookmark   July 9, 2008 at 10:12PM
More Discussions
Room&Board Cruz Chaise Lounge Cushion help
I would be forever grateful If anyone has a Cruz chaise...
missmaggs
Flexsteel vs. Lane vs. Natuzzi leather sectionals
I'm pretty confused and hoping for some solid comparisons...
tuckerlr
Kitchen Table Repair
Hi. My kitchen table has a crack in it and I was wondering...
marc83
Slats or Boxspring?
Like the title says: Slats or Boxspring to support...
pbx2
Need help identifying this leather sectional.
Originally purchased from Sears
dbruederlin
Sponsored Products
Neo Sectional with Chaise
Design Within Reach
Chelsea Home Orleans Power Reclining 3 Piece Living Room Set in New Era Walnut
Beyond Stores
Red Gravity-Free Lounger & Pillow
$59.99 | zulily
Coast to Coast 43345 Accent Console Table - 43345
$500.00 | Hayneedle
Fitzgerald Ottoman - Cordova Eclipse Gray