Heritage Desk found on CL

lauren17June 9, 2010

Hey everyone

Do you know anything about Heritage Furniture? I found the company's website, but did not have any luck with impartial reviews. Do you think this desk is worth the asking price? The fact that it was in the House of Rep doesn't add value to me, I'm just trying to find a nice desk for my office. Thank you for your replies.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/fuo/1782471583.html

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

where else could you find a big cherry desk for $350??
Yes I think it's worth it...if you like it and have a use for it.
Linda C

Bookmark   June 9, 2010 at 1:02PM
lauren17

Actually in my neck of the woods, there are dozens of similar desks available - I guess with the growing popularity of laptops, people are downsizing their desks. However most are listed for half the cost, but the manufacturers are Hooker, Ashley, Sauder, etc. I had never heard of Heritage, hence my post.

Bookmark   June 9, 2010 at 2:21PM
furnone

Heritage Furniture was the precursor to Drexel Heritage. Four executives from Heritage Furniture in 1945 started Drexel Heritage. Assuming that it is the same Heritage Furniture, and from tax supported politicians, it probably is, it's a bargain as $350.

Bookmark   June 11, 2010 at 12:26AM
lauren17

Thank you Furnone, I appreciate your response! I actually picked up a different desk on CL. A Jasper mahogany double pedestal. It apparently also had a political history as it still had paperwork inside from the Embassy of Japan.

Bookmark   June 12, 2010 at 8:24AM
tuesday_2008

I also am "shopping" CL for a nice vintage or antique desk. Do you have pictures of your desk??

TIA
Tuesday

Bookmark   June 12, 2010 at 12:38PM
lauren17

It is similar to this Jasper Blakely model, but in mahogany. It needs a bit of work and a glass top, but even to my untrained eye - it is of very high quality craftsmanship. For $200, it was a steal.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   June 12, 2010 at 7:56PM
More Discussions
Lexington chez michelle Bedroom Set - 7 piece
Hi, i am purchasing a used 7-piece Lexington chez michelle...
kathietang
need help with living room furniture placements
Hi, I have this living room 16.5 by 21.5 and the fireplace...
missbaggy
Upholstery Fabric Durability
I am about to purchase a Lee Industries couch and two...
3kidsonedogandus
Couch identity help
Where can I find a similar couch(shape wise)? http://www.neodecodesigns.com/images/portfolio_images/trendybluecontemporary/6.JPG...
Sangeetha Selvaraj
Room&Board Cruz Chaise Lounge Cushion help
I would be forever grateful If anyone has a Cruz chaise...
missmaggs
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™