Purchasing Leather Furniture

WolfpackmomJune 16, 2013

Since December we have been considering the purchase of leather furniture. After several months of basic research and reading here - we are ready to start shopping. We are looking at Hancock and Moore, Bradington Young, and Smith Brothers (not made in NC), we are not firm on these manufacturers. Can anyone tell me in NC the best places to shop that are fair priced, customer service is good, etc.? We did outlet shopping about 6 years ago (one mart in particular) and we did not have a good experience once our purchase was made. We are not so sure about outlet shopping anymore, but are willing to try it again if a mart has a good recommendation. We are not interested in online shopping. Thanks for any help/information!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rmanbike

So you want the best of both worlds, wolfpackmom!
Your best bet is to come to NC, not to buy from the outlets which offer poor customer service after the sale, but to buy directly from the manufacturer. You can visit their plant, sit in their furniture, choose your leather or fabric and they will build it to your specifications and then ship to you.
If their is any problems you will know exactly who call at the manufacturer to have it taken care of.
The problem is none of these manufactures H&M, BY or Smith Bros offers this, but their is some you can buy direct from.

Bookmark   June 16, 2013 at 11:02AM
Wolfpackmom

rmanbike, I guess I do want the best of both worlds! I live in eastern NC and will never return to one outlet that we have done business with. But just like any other profession/business, one bad apple doesn't mean they all are. Since we are not firm on any manufacturer, I would love to visit a plant, can you give me a few names you can visit in NC and buy direct from?

Bookmark   June 16, 2013 at 11:38AM
joseph002

Leather furniture can be a beautiful addition to any home.There are many beautiful leather furniture sets that are affordable and are conveniently available online. In choosing the best leather furniture though, it is important to consider the quality of the furniture.A well made piece of leather furniture can last a lifetime.

Bookmark   June 17, 2013 at 2:22AM
Wolfpackmom

Joseph002, We made our purchase today and went with Smith Brothers of Berne.

Bookmark   June 22, 2013 at 4:28PM
rmanbike

Most factory direct manufacturers are local to your area, but their are a couple that can ship anywhere. Try searching the web:
" factory direct custom sofas "
Factory direct means that you are buying directly from the owners of the factory, no middleman markup. So they will only offer their brand of sofa. If they offer more than one brand, their not factory direct.

Here is a link that might be useful: factory direct custom sofas

Bookmark   June 27, 2013 at 7:24AM
More Discussions
Hancock & Moore older leather chair, maybe H&M sofa,can they be saved?
I have an opportunity to pick up this chair and sofa...
aesanford
Bernhardt vs. Thomasville for leather.
Thinking of getting a leather sofa for its durability....
Sparks72
Coaster furniure quality?
I found a dining table and china cabinet online that...
cand1781
Need Beadroom Furniture
Well, two months ago I changed my home furniture. But...
jazmin07
Slats or Boxspring?
Like the title says: Slats or Boxspring to support...
pbx2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™