Finnish for maple plank floors

Juno_barksMarch 31, 2014

We are considering putting in maple floors, 3.25 inch plank. throughout the kitchen, living room, hall, and two additional adjoining rooms (~1000 square feet). We want something that won't yellow, that can be walked on fairly soon (cannot take a vacation, teenage kids are in school), and will be stable enough for a house with a single gentle dog and studious teenagers who are soon to head to college.

The contractor suggested pallmann PALL-X 96, which is a waterborne one-component finish system. I've found a few reviews on line, positive, but not much information. On this amazing site, I either am using poor search criteria, or this product has not been discussed.

Do any of you have suggestions? Should we consider a hard wax finish instead? We are staying away from urethane because of its tendencies to become amber.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gregmills_gw

Hardwax oil is def an option. Only downside is you cant be on the floor for a good 24 hrs after its applied.

The finish you were suggested. I dont use it so i have nothing to say good or bad about it.

Bookmark   March 31, 2014 at 6:02PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wynswrld98

My contractor is suggesting Pall-X 96 or Synteko Classic (same price), trying to find opinions of these finishes

Bookmark   July 10, 2014 at 9:10PM
More Discussions
Un-level kitchen and associated issues...
So my wife and I just finished a renovation of our...
hundredwaters
What cork flooring manufacturer is best?
I am leaning towards cork flooring in my kitchen reno...
laurarenos7
Has anyone purchased from value floors direct?
Has anyone purchased flooring from value floors direct? I...
willintotry
Tigerwood Flooring - if you have it would you do it again
We are considering putting in Tigerwood flooring. We...
snowcamp
Review on Taun wood
Has anyone used Taun wood for flooring? We are looking...
itspepsico
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™