Hamburger

stoveguyyAugust 17, 2012

We have high end grocery near us. Budget store is 4 miles away. They have nice meat dept. have 7oz gourmet burgers for 1$. All varieties have chopped mushrooms, cheese or other filler. I asked butcher if they had non-filler, all meat versions? Yep, for twice the price. And the gourmet burgers are made from lesser quality meat while the regular burgers are made from better meat. So they add floor sweepings/filler to cheap meat to make the, taste better? Sneaky. But than all ground meat is nasty. But I do eat it. I am a carnivore you know.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sushipup1

Grind your own. Semi-frezon chuck of chuck roast in a Cuisinart, pulse until just ground, do not over process.

And BTW, the best meat for real burgers is the fattiest stuff, burgers will be juicy and delicious.

Bookmark   August 17, 2012 at 12:15PM
emma

Why do you think they add floor sweepings. I for one would never work at that place if I had to do that. I would rather work at a fast food restaurant and I think most people feel the same. And I would call the organization that watches over processing companies like that and report them. Maybe you were joking.

Bookmark   August 18, 2012 at 4:26PM
mike_kaiser_gw

How do we go from adding mushrooms or cheese to floor sweepings? Hamburger is and always was a way to use up scraps and make otherwise tough cuts more palatable, so the idea of a "gourmet" hamburger is a bit of an oxymoron. And, yes, processors have added fillers to hamburger.

If you want really good 100% beef hamburger, pick a roast and have the butcher grind it for you. Or, grind it yourself.

Bookmark   August 19, 2012 at 2:28PM
jannie

"Grind it yourself" only if you own a grinder.

Bookmark   August 21, 2012 at 8:32AM
sushipup1

""Grind it yourself" only if you own a grinder."

A food processor does an excellent job.

Bookmark   August 21, 2012 at 10:16AM
stoveguyy

like water off a ducks back. i know stores sell different fat content ground beef. different cuts of meat that is ground up also will affect price. ask butcher to point out different varieties of their ground beef.

Bookmark   August 24, 2012 at 6:09PM
jannie

Cavell, I'm not a carnivore, I'm an Omnivore. I eat grains,fruit and vegetables also. My cat is a carnivore. My dog is like me, she even eats McDonalds and pizza.

Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 8:11AM
stoveguyy

I don't eat grains,fruits,veggies. Meat mostly. Some chicken.

Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 11:26AM
More Discussions
help!!! advice needed asap for 2nd mortgage
I need to take out $30,000 in equity for desperately...
nene45
What is the fair ratio?
The living expense is paid between the couple (Husband...
azmom
Family Banking Concept, anyone heard of it?
I did a search here and did not see any similiar thread....
rjinga
Tiny pension - Taking lump sum or monthly annuity payment
I just received a notice from a previous employer asking...
azmom
Refinance with Bank of America taking F-O-R-E-V-E-R
We started the process for our refinance April 25th...
wickedgrace
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™