Sectional couch under $2k

katie111May 16, 2013

We just redid our basement and are looking for a sectional couch for it. It will mostly be used for our 3 kids and their friends. Don't want to spend more than $2k and don't want leather. Can anyone recommend a particular brand that has held up well? Every time I find something I like in a store, I look up the brand and find that its not well rated. I'm tempted to just buy the cheapest thing I can find as nothing seems to last much past a few months to a couple years at this price point. Everyone seems to say they "wish they bought something else" but what is that sonerhing else? Even brands like Broyhill and Lazy-Boy seem to really be going down in quality lately.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
LuAnn_in_PA

I am really happy with my Flexsteel sectional.. it is looking very, very good after several years.

But I don't think it can be had for your price point.

Bookmark   May 18, 2013 at 11:36PM
rmanbike

katie111, unless you have a walk-out basement, have you considered how you will get the sofas into your basement?
Find a sofa for less than $1000 that has a solid hardwood frame; doweled and screwed together, spring seating and a HR high density foam seating, plus a lifetime warranty, covered in a durable and easy to clean micro-suede fabric is your best option. But this is a rare find!

Here is a link that might be useful: sofas for less than $1000

Bookmark   May 19, 2013 at 1:03AM
freethinker99

Rmanbike makes a number of good points you might be better off buying two well made sofas rather than a sectional.

Another good option for this would be to check out Craigs List for something used but still in excellent condition. You would be suprised at what you could find if you are patient.

Bookmark   May 23, 2013 at 11:18AM
More Discussions
Bassett Custom Dining Tables
Anyone out there bought Bassett custom dining tables....
Gregstu
Couch for Big and Tall Guy
What suggestions would you all offer on what to look...
happs
trundle bed/daybed questions
My mom is giving me the trundle bet frame and mattresses...
cindywhitall
crate barrel sofa quality
what can be said about the crate and barrel sofa quality...
kermit_xc
Furniture Arrangement Help Needed
There's my new great room from overhead. You can't...
bplevyak
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™