Need Front foyer furniture ideas

sn0flakeMay 3, 2011

I will be updating my front foyer within the next month. It is about 7 ft x 8 ft with vinyl flooring and its a busy space. Has a front entrance door with 2 sidelights on one wall, a closet with pine bifold doors with stairwell up to Living Rm on another wall; doorway opening (no door) to a hall & back porch. And it has pine wood all around about 3 ft high; painted on top. Currently there's a round table and a deacon's bench in the space. We enter the house thru this room, so I'd like to have a little storage there. What do you think about seating & tables? I'd like to bring this entrance into 2011, without removing the pine! Thanks for your suggestions!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Dovetales

It does sound like an active space. If you had seating, would anyone actually spend time sitting there? If so then chairs or a bench would be nice. But, if not, why not try a bureau or sideboard in the space. Most Bureaus are about 3 ft high, either piece would offer good storage and you could have fun decorating the top, lamps. pictures etc. Maybe you could even paint the piece for a pop of color?

Here is a link that might be useful: Dovetales Antiques & Home

Bookmark   May 8, 2011 at 1:28PM
More Discussions
Michael Thomas sectional
Recently rented a luxury ski home that featured a Michael...
Christina Stumpf
Lee Industries Sofa--worst ever furniture
I can use everyone's assistance in helping me solve...
sf_treat
Tolix for outdoors?
Does anyone have experience using Tolix chairs outdoors?...
Chris 802
Couch for Big and Tall Guy
What suggestions would you all offer on what to look...
happs
What experience have you had with Nantuckit Furniture?
Hi! I am thinking about purchasing a slipcovered sectional...
jfkdeb
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™