Do You Know of a Sofa that Meets My Wish List?????

heathernjMay 5, 2010

I've been looking and looking and have yet to find the right sofa.

I come close but either its out of my price range, the manufacturer is not well rated or some other major issue.

PLEASE post with any suggestions. THANKS in advance.

My wish list is:

ÂTight Back

ÂThree Cushion seat

ÂSleeper sofa (doesn't have to be the absolute best sleeper, will get used a few weeks a year for guests)

ÂNO Skirts (any kind of legs are ok - wood preferred)

ÂNeeds to be on the firm side or have an option to upgrade to firm cushions (bad knees and back so firm is easier to get up from)

ÂWould like to stay under $1800 if possible

ÂDurable fabric options (have a dog)

Yes, its a lot but I didn't think it was impossible.

The only thing I have found that came close is the Bassett furniture Custom Classics sleep sofa with the tight back, 3 cushion seat and exposed legs. I was turned off by the crappy fabrics (they looked worn in the showroom and none seemed very sturdy in the sample room) AND the fact that most of my searches have come up with negative reviews of Bassett's upholstered items. Also the prices are up there but I got it down to my price range by getting a quote through NC.

see pic here...

http://www.bassettfurniture.com/store/productDetailForm.asp?imgid=18570&Seq=1

Here is a link that might be useful: bassett sofa

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mkthompson

If you look at the website that gicasa refers you to & to the bottom it is a Chinese company. Do some research on line about burns resulting from upholstery made in China. It seems that the chemical they use in the cushions to prevent mositure becomes a gas that has come through the cushions & fabric & has caused extreme chemical burns on people. I have purchased from Elite Interiors for years--look at their website www.elitefurnituregallery.com

Bookmark   May 6, 2010 at 2:18PM
gicasa

sorry !

Bookmark   May 9, 2010 at 4:58AM
gicasa

sorry !

Bookmark   May 9, 2010 at 5:03AM
Sujafr

Hi,
I'm usually lurking in home dec, but since I'm also looking for a sofa, your question intriqued me. One wish you might reconsider that would allow you more options in your search is the hide-a-bed. I've slept on a few too many, and as a guest, I can assure you that I'd much rather sleep on an inflatable mattress,(preferably the ones that stand up about bed height), than sleep on the best sleeper sofa. Even one on the floor is better than a sleeper though IMHO. Plus they're heavy to move and less comfortable to sit on. So unless you absolutely have no floor space anywhere else, you might re-think this "wish". Just a thought... Good luck in your search.

Bookmark   May 10, 2010 at 11:12PM
More Discussions
What happens to returned furniture
We recently received a living room furniture and one...
madness76
Bernhardt vs. Thomasville for leather.
Thinking of getting a leather sofa for its durability....
Sparks72
Tolix for outdoors?
Does anyone have experience using Tolix chairs outdoors?...
Chris 802
Online slipcover companies
Need to re-slipcover our Arhaus Greta sectional, and...
kardut
Need suggestions to soften my recliner
I bought a recliner from China, construction is fine...
biax
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™