Gas fireplace turns off in under a minute

wrichardsNovember 4, 2010

My Heat-N-Glo 8000-TR pilot lights successfully and stays on. However, when I turn on the gas, it burns fine for less than a minute. There's a 'click' coming from the controller as it turns off. I checked the voltage from the thermopile, over 45 mV, so I think it's OK. Any suggestions?

Wayne

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
megs2

We had the exact same thing happen with our gas FP.
We were told that little dust articles get in the line and cause a block. Carbon Monoxide builds up, and as a safety precaution the heat turns off. We were told to get a can of air like you would use for cleaning a keyboard. You will have to get it from an office supply place. We then blew the line with the can of air..and WALA! It worked.

    Bookmark   November 6, 2010 at 12:52AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wrichards

Did you disconnect the line to do this? Where?

    Bookmark   November 6, 2010 at 4:19PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
something stinks in here!
I built a fire in out basement fireplace last week,...
congaman59
Feedback on MORSO 5660 unit with blower
Hi all- we're replacing our wood insert to get a sleeker...
thehype
Xtrordinair Fireplace
We were directed to a local shop selling this product....
Lutha
help please ! saw a picture, how can this be made?
Can anyone help me figure out these dimensions and...
abick2
Lennox Montebello See Through?
Anyone have some first hand experience with this unit?...
niteshadepromises
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™