harman p68 heat output

richgvtNovember 23, 2005

Its 20 degrees here in Vermont. I have my stove set at 70 degrees feed rate on 3 and the fan on high. House is about 68 deg. The stove doesnt seem to be putting out that much heat. Seems like the air coming out of it should be hotter. I can hold my hand about 6" in front of the stove and its not uncomfortable. Is this normal? Not sure how this will work when it gets to be 0 or below. Im heating about 2300 sq ft. Just curious what other people experience. The stove was near empty this morning so I put in a bag around 7AM. Had to put in another at 7Pm. Thanks and have a happy thanksgiving.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Xanndra

3 seems awfully low. I would crank up the feed rate at least a couple of notches.

Bookmark   November 23, 2005 at 10:18PM
richgvt

I will try that when it gets colder. when I asked the dealer what it should be set at he said just leave it on 3. I imagine it will really go through the pellets. thanks.

Bookmark   November 23, 2005 at 11:13PM
Xanndra

You can expect it to go through 2 bags a day when it is really cold.

Bookmark   November 23, 2005 at 11:40PM
jaa52

Rich, crank it up 3 is too low for a feed rate. I run my p68 at 4 and around 73 degrees

Bookmark   November 24, 2005 at 8:10PM
richgvt

I will give it a try. thanks. how is your esp probe working out? I had to move mine away from the door because the stove kept running even though the wall thermostat said the room was at a higher temp. I put it behind the stove again but then had to move it back because the stove shut down too quick.

Bookmark   November 24, 2005 at 9:39PM
jaa52

Last night it was around 18 here so I have the probe in one place around 4 ft up and the length of the cord away. At this point it just keeps running anyway. Cold in VT?

Bookmark   November 26, 2005 at 10:59AM
richgvt

Its pretty cold. I had to move the probe from behing the stove since it just does not run long enough. I had it set at 70deg and the livingroom thermostat said 75. Stove just kept running. I tried cranking the feed to 4 and does put out a lot more heat. Its on 3 now because it not a cold now. I figure it will use less pellets.

Bookmark   November 26, 2005 at 7:07PM
More Discussions
Putting television IN firebox of fireplace
Long time lurker, first time poster. I've searched...
sherrgr
Recommendations on Double Sided Direct Vent Gas fireplace!
Hello, I'm remodeling my home in California and want...
roadrunnerrita
Gas Fireplace question
We recently bought a second home, and it has a gas...
grapefruit1_ar
Do I need a fireplace in Southern California
I am in the middle of renovations in my town home and...
LARemodel
cleaning soot off rock fireplace surround
My rock wall fireplace looks dingy from 50 years of...
pompeii
Sponsored Products
Christopher Knight Home Harman Fabric Barstool (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
Christopher Knight Home Harman Fabric Dining Chair (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™