Futura Model M149 Dual Reclining Sofa (Leather)

slipkordisemMay 1, 2012

I'm looking for opinions on this sofa:

http://www.baers.com/Item.aspx?ItemID=-999031415&ItemNum=M149

For a decently priced leather sofa, does this sound like a good one? We want to make sure we are getting a nicely built, long lasting sofa for around $1,000. Opinions please?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana

We want to make sure we are getting a nicely built, long lasting sofa for around $1,000. Opinions please?
Seriously, for that price, I doubt if it would be worth much at all, and it certainly would not last long, much less be comfortable. For something in that price range, in leather that reclines, I'd suggest you either looking at used furniture stores or looking at ads on Craigslist in your area. I, for one, would not want to make a furniture purchase without seeing it 'in person' and getting to sit on it to check it for comfort. Imho, you get what you pay for.

Sue

Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 11:11AM
slipkordisem

We did see this one in person. At McGregor's Furniture. It was 100% leather all the way around, seemed comfy but I would probably sit in it in a few more positions. From what I can find online it seems it is a Top Grain Leather. The price was around 1200 w/o tax...the love seat was around the same price. Any one with opinions about this brand/sofa itself?

Bookmark   May 20, 2012 at 10:47PM
springroz

It just about has to be the bonded leather for that price- not full grain.

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 9:37PM
freethinker99

slipkordisem ask the sales person at McGregor's for some more info on the construction of the sofa and the type of leather it is so you have information to make an informed judgement. Maybe it is a good value. Maybe it's a floor sample that's been hanging around and they just want to move it. You never know. I saw a very nice all leather chair at a large furniture store for $25. It's now in my rec room. This store has a markdown policy and they keep marking down the clearance items until their sold.

Bookmark   May 28, 2012 at 3:14PM
More Discussions
Need suggestions to soften my recliner
I bought a recliner from China, construction is fine...
biax
Furniture help
Hello My boyfriend and I just moved in and we really...
Penny Dimitrakaki
Design Within Reach - Globus Chairs Hair pulling problem... literally.
I have White on White Globus Chairs (Stua). Purchased...
janejanel
What experience have you had with Nantuckit Furniture?
Hi! I am thinking about purchasing a slipcovered sectional...
jfkdeb
Barcalounger v Lane v Best or other recliner advice
Hi--I think I've done my homework,and I've read other...
sailormass
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™