Give me name of the best Nat.Stone Impregnator/Sealer

nicole0007March 3, 2011

Hi, I'd appreciate your help in telling me the best impregantor + Sealer combined product for sealing travertine. It's not a lot of square footage so we're going do this part ourselves (200 sq.ft.).... (after the installation).

I want to buy the best there is and not have to do it as often if there is a product out there that lasts longer than others.

One flooring guy (we didn't pick his stone) alluded to a product that lasted 15 years but needed some one certified on the product or they wouldn't sell it. I never got the name of the product.

Can you point me in the right direction? They'll start in a week-10 days, so I've got some time to track it down. Any tips, hints or caveats???

Thx, Nicole

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rusten

Nicole,
I'm no expert, but since no one has replied, I'll tell you what worked for me.

I looked up tile distributors (the distributors who supply the tradesman, not the retail stores) in my area, then visited two of them. I asked to speak to the guy who knew the most about these things, then explained that "if money was no object, which would you go with and why".

I received very similar information from both people, and went with a product that most closely delivered on the important points.

I also have travertine floors, btw. They're pretty good providing you don't have a dog that likes to chase balls around, in which case they'll show scratches :-).

Bookmark   March 13, 2011 at 8:01PM
More Discussions
Tiling on Cement Subfloor or Wood Subfloor?
I live in San Francisco and we are not near any water...
gqchynaboy
wood floor finish (am I being too picky)
We recently had our wood floors refinished with the...
Jennifer White Green
Floor sanding/screening question
I just purchased my first home and decided to get the...
berlinswing
bamboo floor fumes--anyone else have this problem??
Hi, has anyone installed a bamboo floor and had trouble...
nikwaters
Has anyone used Smartcore Floors from Lowes
Hi, we're looking for something that we can put over...
amoore1205
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™