Thank you for Fine Cooking

triciaeFebruary 16, 2012

Well darn, I was reading a post 3-4 days ago & there was a link to Fine Cooking's Mix-n-Match recipes. Now, I can't remember who posted the link. :( Anyway, whoever you are...thank you!

I've received several free trial issues of Fine Cooking over the years but never subscribed 'cause I don't want to store them & they're too useful to dump without feeling guilty.

I registered on their website the other day & received an email offer for a DVD containing all 17 years, every issue including 2011. Ordered it on the spot. Arrived in 2 days. I'm like a kid in a candy store. I'm overwhelmed with information & recipes. Every issue is complete as it appeared in print. I'm even having fun reading old ads. :)

Loving the search/save/favorites/print/etc. functions too. Very nicely done, easy to use. I can spend a couple hours browsing for entertainment or find something quickly for that head of cabbage languishing in the refrigerator.

/tricia

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jasdip

I get a few recipes delivered to my email daily.

I recently told DH that when I have some extra cash to blow, I would love to buy a subscription to Fine Cooking. (It's pricey)
I have so many recipes of theirs saved to my computer (2 more today) and the reviews are 5-stars. That would be a magazine worth buying, I think!

Bookmark   February 16, 2012 at 3:41PM
triciae

Jasdip,

I got the DVD with all 17 years for $69.95 + free shipping. Cheaper than print, easier to store, easier to search, easier to save favorites. Why buy the print magazine?

Every year going forward they issue a current years' addition to the software so it stays current. Not sure how much that costs?

/tricia

Bookmark   February 16, 2012 at 4:04PM
MichelleDT

That cd sounds like a fab deal! Have to check it out.

Bookmark   February 16, 2012 at 4:52PM
jasdip

MICHELLE!! You don't need another cookbook/cd!!
I just read your other thread! LOLOL

Tricia, that is a fantastic deal, but I like to hold and read magazines. I like the physical aspect.

This forum has been tremendous for finding new recipes of course, as well as my inbox of recipes.

I honestly don't know if I would get the enjoyment out of DVD's. I don't take my laptop into the kitchen, I use a hard copy of the recipe.

Bookmark   February 16, 2012 at 5:04PM
More Discussions
Half Ham (bone-in)
Which is best, shank or butt. If the package doesn't...
ryseryse_2004
Leftover Biscuits
I made a Mother's Day lunch that was wonderful (if...
starlightfarm
Sharing Jacques Pepin
Hi all - rather than tacking this onto the 'Peeves'...
carolb_w_fl
Help with baked eggs and a new oven
Hi - we recently got a new oven (Thermador) and my...
peggysugar
What happened to my soup?
Made a homemade chicken soup....carrots, onion, celery,...
lookintomyeyes83
Sponsored Products
Topmount Double Equal Bowl Stainless Steel Sink
MR Direct Sinks and Faucets
Heirloom Historic Nickel One-Light Large Pendant-Flared Shade and Wire Guard-Med
$556.00 | Bellacor
Innovation USA | Puzzle Wood Sofa
YLiving.com
Reynolds Dark Brown Wood 3-Piece Modern Drop-Leaf Pub Set with Wine Rack
Overstock.com
Moda 2 Bowl by Bacchus Glass
$1,620.00 | Lumens
Sea Gull Lighting Pendants & Hanging Fixtures Winnetka 1-Light Outdoor Hanging
Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™