Heat-N-Glo pilot wont light

georgemaloneNovember 7, 2012

Good day,

I purchased a home in April that already had a Heat-N-Glo SL-36-DSI installed. The person I bought the house from said that it worked with no issues. I however have not been able to get the unit to fire up. I cannot seem to get the pilot to stay lit. It sparks but I never get a flame.

Just after I purchased the home I had a service tech from my local gas company come out and do a safety check of all gas equipment in my home. He too could not get the pilot to light and suggested I call someone else and have them come out and service/clean the fireplace.

This will be my first experience working on one of these so any help would be appreciated. When I tried to search for the manual online I came up empty. I then sent a message to Customer Care and they were nice enough to send me a copy of the manual (SL-36). I have that and can upload it if necessary. I find the manual to be somewhat vague and somewhat unhelpful.

I am sure that I need to remove the front panel and go in there and clean it out but I havent figured out exactly how to do that yet. I am able to remove the "hood" (it just slides out) I see the 3 tension spring latches and when I release them the glass door just seems to still be stuck there, so I am assuming there are other parts that need to come off before I can get the glass panel off. again the manual wasnt helpful to me in this aspect..

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

-George

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bikesr2tired

At the risk of sounding like a smart a** and I'm not trying to be. Is the gas turned on?? I've overlooked the obvious a number of times.

Jim

Bookmark   November 8, 2012 at 9:00PM
More Discussions
Feedback on MORSO 5660 unit with blower
Hi all- we're replacing our wood insert to get a sleeker...
thehype
I need opinions on what to do with old fireplace
I have an old fireplace that needs a rehab badly. What...
jbryan21
Converting wood fireplace to gas fireplace
Help, I'm overwhelmed. Any link to a good site that...
nosoccermom
Putting television IN firebox of fireplace
Long time lurker, first time poster. I've searched...
sherrgr
cleaning soot off rock fireplace surround
My rock wall fireplace looks dingy from 50 years of...
pompeii
Sponsored Products
Market Umbrella: Galtech 9-ft. Aluminum Deluxe Auto Tilt Patio Umbrella
$289.00 | Hayneedle
Pinecrest Frosted White Glass Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Seedling by thomaspaul Hedge Shade 13.5x13.5x10 (Spider)
$69.99 | Lamps Plus
Aston Court Bronze Two-Light Pin-Up Wall Sconce
$318.00 | Bellacor
Howard Elliott Stephen Mirror - 17W x 17H in. - 11142
$119.90 | Hayneedle
Flatwater 3-light Billiard Light Fixture
Overstock.com
Two-Light Brushed Nickel Outdoor Pendant
$169.10 | Bellacor
Warehouse of Tiffany Lady on a Tree Swing Tiffany-style Desk Lamp
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for: