Did you add a fireplace to your bedroom?

bichonlover3November 14, 2008

I am doing my bedroom in a tuscan style and wanted to add a fireplace. Is it a heap of trouble to add a gas fireplace(I have one in livingroom next door)? Suggestions? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
haus_proud

Just make sure you get something with direct vent technology, because it's the only one that does not have any effects on indoor air quality. The codes in many towns disallow gas fireplaces that are ventless in sleeping rooms because they are not safe -- there could be a build up of carbon monoxide. And the vented gas fireplaces are not energy efficient -- most of the heat just goes up the chimney. so direct vent is the way to go.

How complicated the installation will be depends on your particular situation -- room size, whether you use an interior or exterior wall, and probably other factors that can only be sorted by a technically qualified installer. Make sure you hire one with good credentials.

Bookmark   November 20, 2008 at 1:33PM
naturalstuff

I wish I can. I wouldn't do gas though. Not only becuase its not available on my street but because I prefer not to pay companies for energy. PLUS power goes out and fireplace is pointless. Just Not the same.

Bookmark   November 20, 2008 at 8:09PM
allora

Hi bichonlover,

Just found this post and am wondering if you ever did your fireplace. I am trying to do Tuscan as well and need ideas.

Bookmark   April 26, 2009 at 5:24PM
More Discussions
Harman accentra insert wood pellet stove
I'm having a problem with my auger. It won't feed my...
Kyle22
1st timer needs pellet stove guidence
The wife and I just bought a new single floor 1800...
bksinaz
Help me decide on a fireplace unit for new build
We are doing a gas Heatilator unit. Is there much difference...
brodyt
Xtrordinair Fireplace
We were directed to a local shop selling this product....
Lutha
Harmon pellet stove.
What is your experience? I purchased a Harmon P-38...
mulesrider
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™