What did I do? White microfiber couch?!

magn1jesMay 10, 2013

A store here in town is having a "going out of business" sale and I ended up buying an off-white microfiber sofa, loveseat, and recliner. It seemed like a good idea at the time, and it was a very good deal... BUT, I have a small child and two large dogs (not allowed on furniture, but still shed). I just don't think it would last long in our house, and don't want to be constantly worrying over it, OR cleaning it. Of course, there are no cancellations or returns allowed. Do you have any recommendations on how to sell it, and fast? I have it listed on Craigslist, but there are no takers.

Also, after purchasing the furniture listed above I went to another store and fell IN LOVE with a sofa set there. It is also about $700 more than what we paid for the other set (although it is higher quality). I called them today to see if they would be willing to go down in price any, and he said he would give me $50 off... umm, not really making me rush over there. Are there any tricks I can use to get them to come down more in price?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
expert_Irwin

I would keep trying Craigs list. Try listing it in a college town if there is one near you. Adding a picture always helps. If this doesn't work, you may need to lower your price or let them know in the listing you are open to negotiation. Good luck.

Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 6:04PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
freethinker99

If you are really not happy with your set you may just have to cut your losses and reduce the price to a point in will sell, perhaps as low as 50% off. On the other hand you might get a few years use out of it and if you keep it in good shape you might still be able to get 50% of your cost. Microfiber is failry easy to clean.

As far as the set in the store you could leave an offer with them. If it doesn't sell they may take you up on it.

Bookmark   May 26, 2013 at 9:41AM
More Discussions
Design Within Reach - Globus Chairs Hair pulling problem... literally.
I have White on White Globus Chairs (Stua). Purchased...
janejanel
Furniture help
Hello My boyfriend and I just moved in and we really...
Penny Dimitrakaki
casco bay furniture from someone who didnt just join
Hi im looking for reviews on casco bay furniture from...
armstrongarland
Quality Outdoor Furniture Brands/Materials?
I am looking to buy an outdoor dining set, chaise loungers...
wendage2
how to buy high end furniture online and save?
Is there a guide to buying highend furniture online? I...
LauraOliver
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™