descent reclining sofas for $1000 dollar budget

misterjonesMay 22, 2013

Hi I am in the market for a sofa as i am going to move to a new place in july. I have two kids and need something thatll be able to take a little abuse and not start sinking or tear after a year of use. Any recommendations on any collections or companies or links to any reclining sofas for around $1000 is highly appreciated. I prefer leather because i have allergies and sofas that can hold dust and particles like cotton will give me allergies, any other materials that may be good for a guy with allergies is welcomed.

Edit Post Reply Reply With Quote

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rmanbike

You will not be able to find genuine leather sofa or sofa recliner at this price. Maybe a used sofa, check your local classifieds or craigslist.

Its possible to find a vinyl or simulated leather/rebond at this price, but the quality of the mechanism will be suspect, as well as the density=quality of the foam cushions. Look to see if the actual manufacturers name is stamped on the mechanism. As no upholstery manufacturer builds their own mechanism. If they state that the mechanism is their own brand, then they are using a cheap chinese import.

Bookmark   May 25, 2013 at 9:57AM
puppycat

Definitely buy used....I got a beautiful Sofa and loveseat, wonderful leather, on Craigs List, for $700.00 for the pair. She was moving and didn't want to pay for shipping. It was in perfect condition. Looked like it hadn't been used. Bought granddaughter sofa and loveseat leather set and $250.00...it was a steal. It was also in excellent condition. And both were very good leather...and the colors I was wanting.

Bookmark   May 25, 2013 at 2:31PM
freethinker99

You might check out Palliser made in Canada and Mexico. It will be more than $1000 but you can find something from Palliser in the $1100 to $1500 range

Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 8:51PM
More Discussions
I want to make a sofa box cushion the right size.
I have two sofas, that I would like to re-upholster....
pisley
Michael Thomas sectional
Recently rented a luxury ski home that featured a Michael...
Christina Stumpf
Bernhardt vs. Thomasville for leather.
Thinking of getting a leather sofa for its durability....
Sparks72
Where can I find this style bed for less?
We're looking for a new bed and the only bed styles...
pugluv1
Tolix for outdoors?
Does anyone have experience using Tolix chairs outdoors?...
Chris 802
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™