buytile.com reviews

rebawMarch 16, 2011

Anyone purchased tile from buytile.com THey have some DalTIle iron jungle i would like to buy. What happens if some of the tile comes damaged from shipping? good customer service/satsifaction?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
billp1

We just purchased 500 sq ft of floor tile from them. Best price that I could find plus they were able to obtain the tile where our local vendor gave us an estimated wait time of three weeks.Buytile took a week.

They delivered on two pallets which weighed 2200 pounds and the driver got it into our garage..

Bookmark   March 16, 2011 at 2:12PM
Floortech

Daltile is owned by Mohawk. I presume you are installing this yourself. The price you find online should be taken to the store that you saw the tile and ask them to match it. There is no way that an online seller of tile can out purchase and sell lower than the retailer. They can make a simple call to Daltile and get the price that is needed. Then you will have no worries. You get no guarantee of anything from online flooring stores other than you didnt give the people you found the tile from a fair chance. If it is cash and carry they can and they will match or beat the price. Use the internet to get the price for you do it yourselfers...not to buy the product..

Bookmark   March 17, 2011 at 3:59AM
jscout

I ordered some Crossville mosaic tiles from Buytile almost three weeks ago. I have been able to reach customer service. Now they're telling me it's another couple of weeks because it's a special order. I'm still waiting, so the jury is still out on them. But at least I was able to reach customer service within reasonable wait times. In this case, Buytile was lower than what my local tile shop could do. The tile shop claimed the price was below their cost.

I was going to order some Daltile from Buytile too, because my local tile shop couldn't come close. And this is before taxes. I decided to check my local Home Depot. Not only was Home Depot's price cheaper, but they sent my order over to the "bid" desk and they gave me an extra discount. My tile was not a stock item at Home Depot and had to be special ordered. Delivery was only $59 so it was not significant. I say that for any brand that Home Depot or Lowes sells, give them a try on the pricing. It couldn't hurt.

Bookmark   August 4, 2011 at 4:22PM
Redge11

I ordered tile for my kitchen floor from Buytile.com and was surprised by how low their prices are. I was very pleased with their selection of styles and colors as well. They took about a week and a half to ship us the tile, and it arrived in perfect condition. I was very happy with how the job came out. Satisfied customer.

Bookmark   August 30, 2011 at 10:36AM
bingobingo

I am posting this long after when the original question was asked. I read these reviews before ordering (and other reviews) and I wanted to add my review of my recent 2012 experience.

I ordered about $1,400 of mosaic penny round tile from a German brand. The price on BuyTile was good and a low shipping deal made it a price that beat my local tile wholesaler (United Tile) in Portland.

When placing the order I asked the online "chat" person about expected shipping times and was assured that the order was placed that day (July 11) it would ship in "3-days" and be delivered to me by July 24. Great!

I asked him to email me that assurance which he did. I have it in writing signed by an employee of BuyTile (which is actually a company called Apricot Tile in Brooklyn NY.

About a week later on 7/18 I called to ask about a tracking number or some way to check on the delivery. Customer service told me that it is in transit and confirmed my delivery day of 7/24. About 2 hours later I received an auto-generated "order update" which advised me that my order had shipped and gave me a tracking number. When I checked on that with the shipper I found out that the expected date wasn't 7/24, but was now 7/27.

I waited all day 7/27 and no tiles.

Short cut to this morning 7/30: I called shipper and was told that it was "on a local truck" and supposed to be delivered to the jobsite today 7/30. As of 10 PM it has not arrived...

We'll see about tomorrow. My advice from here (without seeing my shipment of tile) is that if you have a lot of extra time between ordering and installing then they are worth the risk. But in my case, with a -week timeline I should have never listened to any of their promises. Delays happen, but I feel like I have not been told the truth by Buytile.

By asking for and getting assurances in writing I thought I was making it clear that delivery time was critical. I think they told whatever BS they thought they needed to to get a sale, not a customer. That's a big mistake in my book.

Bookmark   July 31, 2012 at 1:02AM
bingobingo

I am posting this long after when the original question was asked. I read these reviews before ordering (and other reviews) and I wanted to add my review of my recent 2012 experience.

I ordered about $1,400 of mosaic penny round tile from a German brand. The price on BuyTile was good and a low shipping deal made it a price that beat my local tile wholesaler (United Tile) in Portland.

When placing the order I asked the online "chat" person about expected shipping times and was assured that the order was placed that day (July 11) it would ship in "3-days" and be delivered to me by July 24. Great!

I asked him to email me that assurance which he did. I have it in writing signed by an employee of BuyTile (which is actually a company called Apricot Tile in Brooklyn NY.

About a week later on 7/18 I called to ask about a tracking number or some way to check on the delivery. Customer service told me that it is in transit and confirmed my delivery day of 7/24. About 2 hours later I received an auto-generated "order update" which advised me that my order had shipped and gave me a tracking number. When I checked on that with the shipper I found out that the expected date wasn't 7/24, but was now 7/27.

I waited all day 7/27 and no tiles.

Short cut to this morning 7/30: I called shipper and was told that it was "on a local truck" and supposed to be delivered to the jobsite today 7/30. As of 10 PM it has not arrived...

We'll see about tomorrow. My advice from here (without seeing my shipment of tile) is that if you have a lot of extra time between ordering and installing then they are worth the risk. But in my case, with a -week timeline I should have never listened to any of their promises. Delays happen, but I feel like I have not been told the truth by Buytile.

By asking for and getting assurances in writing I thought I was making it clear that delivery time was critical. I think they told whatever BS they thought they needed to to get a sale, not a customer. That's a big mistake in my book.

Bookmark   July 31, 2012 at 3:56AM
twingle

Well Bingo what happened??

Bookmark   September 28, 2012 at 5:53PM
More Discussions
peg and groove hardwood floors
I have a 1931 home with a hardwood floor in the main...
zagyzebra
TEC power grout safe for marble
My installer uses TEC power grout. I have polished...
MrsD
cleaning hardwood floors & tile floors
What's best way to clean hardwood floors.... how can...
kat123
Advise with flooring?
Hi, I need some advise with flooring. I have a spare...
galinas
concret floors
can you put linoleum on bare concret floors
marykwiley
Sponsored Products
Round Miners Pan Vessel Hammered Copper Sink
Overstock.com
Blazing Needles 16-inch U-Shaped Twill Dining Chair Cushions (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
American Atelier Jasmine Blue 16-piece Dinnerware Set
Overstock.com
Slumber Solutions Gel 4-inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper with Cover
Overstock.com
Waterproof Cotton Mattress Pad
Overstock.com
Lucia Minelli Egyptian Cotton 6-piece Towel Set
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™