Question about electrical floor heating systems

ecoloveMarch 23, 2011

Looking to hear your thoughts about heating systems for tile floors. i am going to re-tile my bathroom and as i was looking on-line for tile i found a system for heating the floor...i would like to know if any one uses it and what brand you would recommend.before i buy it i need to know it`s reliable.

Thanks in advance

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don92

I believe the name is Suntouch that they sell at Lowes and HD. I have installed it several times and works out very well. I believe a 30"x10' mat is about 275.00 and a thermostat another 60.00. It pulls very little amps and can be connected to most electrical sources. Following directions carefully is a must. It will lay directly under big tile but on smaller tile you must embed it first which can be challenging.

Bookmark   March 26, 2011 at 2:24PM
Billl

Are you just trying to warm the floor or are you planning on this being the primary heat source for the room?

Bookmark   March 28, 2011 at 1:50PM
oldhousegal

LOVE my Suntouch tile floor! As does my old cat who uses it as his primary sleeping space. In an old house, it's so nice to have solid warmth somewhere! If I could do every floor in my house, I would.

I DIY'd my floor back in spring 2005. It goes off only during the really hot summer months (keep it on mainly for the cat's benefit). This is not the only heat source in the room, yet when your feet are warm you feel good all over! All my friends constantly comment on how good it feels.

It was not expensive considering how lovely it feels, especially in the winter. Pretty easy to install if you watch the video and follow all directions. I recommend the programmable thermostat. Would I do it again- in a heartbeat! It will be installed in my basement bath when I get to that project.

Bookmark   April 4, 2011 at 1:00PM
More Discussions
Is my home now un-inhabitable due to asbestos?
I have 9x9 tiles in my laundry room which I was told...
Howard
EZ Lay Vinyl Plank Reviews?
We are looking at installing the Tiramisu EZ Lay Vinyl...
kyorkston
Smartstrand carpet dilema
I am replacing the carpet in my family room and after...
sharon_va
cleaning hardwood floors & tile floors
What's best way to clean hardwood floors.... how can...
kat123
Float or glue engineered wood over very smooth concrete slab
Hello, I am a recent first time homeowner who has been...
hueydj
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™