Fireplace Pictures?

cadeNovember 12, 2007

I'm going to install a wood burning fireplace in my livingroom. Anyone know of a website that has a lot of pictures of fireplaces? If you want to share your pictures that's great. Any info greatly appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
suska6184

My husband built this for us a few years ago. It's quartersawn oak and a green marble. I guess it's time to put away a few Halloween things, sorry. We absolutely love the fireplace.

Bookmark   November 12, 2007 at 10:31AM
jhouse38

Here are a couple pictures of a Lexington Forge LXV 36 gas fireplace that I installed this last month. I used Owens Corning Cultured stone (Alpine Ledgestone Pro-Fit - Harvest color) for the facing and used a piece of Quartz Stone (Ceasarstone) for the Hearth. I made the Mantle out of moldings and Poplar wood I bought at HD. Wife and I love it. The pictures don't do it justice. I am getting a lot of compliments from people who think the rocks are real.

Bookmark   November 16, 2007 at 10:34PM
myla1981

We are make and sell of fireplace mantel ,welcome visit our store http://stores.ebay.com/odyssye-shop.

Here is a link that might be useful: Myla Craftwork Ltd.

Bookmark   November 19, 2007 at 12:33AM
    Bookmark   November 20, 2007 at 3:26PM
breezy_2

I am not sure about the first pic but the others do not appear to be wood burning. There are a huge number of sites for prefab units and scratch/full masonry units - Heatilator, Heat&glo, Quadrafire et al (many) also Firerock and Isokern.

We have a pre fab unit in current house that is a 48 inch heatilator full wood burning unit that has been great except heavy usage requires replacement of the back liner every few years.

New house has a Firerock which is technically full masonry, VERY heavy, expensive but the real thing. We also put in a gas log unit in another room.

Anyway, the prefab alternative gives you a lot of options that are cost effective, attractive/old style looking and VERY functional.

Bookmark   November 28, 2007 at 7:01PM
buehl

A lot of pictures!

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread: Fireplaces - please share yours

Bookmark   July 30, 2008 at 5:22PM
More Discussions
Gas Fire Place
I have a direct vent gas fireplace with a standing...
JakeBrey
Linear Fireplace
Can I put a 60 inch linear fireplace in place of this...
kjez2010
Non-angled corner fireplace?
How would you describe this fireplace? I've been trying...
fenix409
Help me decide on a fireplace unit for new build
We are doing a gas Heatilator unit. Is there much difference...
brodyt
Fireplace Options?
Looking to put a wood burning fireplace in our new...
rmverb
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™