Lopi Pellet Stoves

abruceNovember 19, 2007

I am considering the purchase of a Pellet Stove. My local dealer (Waynesville NC) recommends a Lopi. Are there any websites out there that compare the various stoves - and do any of you have experience with this manufacturer?

Al

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bames

It depends on whether you are going for a free standing or an insert. The Lopi is a good stove, but I would prefer the Quadra-fire. It also depends on how much square footage you wish to heat. We just installed an Austroflamm that replaces our Lopi Foxfire that was 10 years old. The Foxfire was working fine, but we needed more heat and I was really tired of cleaning the darn thing. The Austroflamm is awesome and is self cleaning. However it is a little pricy. We did look at the Lopi Yankee Bay but was a little to small for our needs.

Bookmark   November 24, 2007 at 6:20PM
unclerich

Travis the parent company of Lopi is a solid leader. I have an Avalon, a sister stove. I would highly recommend them, you will fond little negative about the stoves on the net, sorry.

Bookmark   November 25, 2007 at 11:29PM
bames

Travis industries made a great stove in the Foxfire, but technology had passed it up. Now they are only making two pellet inserts and the quality is not what the foxfire was. As one example, We had problems with the pellet pots burning though. We were on our fourth one when we replaced the stove. That got a little expensive. Travis is still using the same metal pots in their inserts. Austroflamm and Quadra-fire use very heavy cast iron pots. After looking at a large variety of inserts we decided on the Austroflamm. Our second choice was the Quadra-fire. If you have a dealer for either of these units in your vicinity check them out.

Bookmark   November 26, 2007 at 1:57AM
More Discussions
Converting wood fireplace to gas fireplace
Help, I'm overwhelmed. Any link to a good site that...
nosoccermom
Gas Fireplace question
We recently bought a second home, and it has a gas...
grapefruit1_ar
Linear Fireplace
Can I put a 60 inch linear fireplace in place of this...
kjez2010
something stinks in here!
I built a fire in out basement fireplace last week,...
congaman59
Where to find high heat masonry paint for inside of fireplace
I'm having trouble finding a fire resistant or fire...
janeway452
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™