Mohawk Smartstrand Frieze

momtotwinsMarch 25, 2012

I am looking for a frieze that is high quality but not too shaggy. Any suggestions? Does anyone have Southernmost Point in their homes?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ksue53

We to are looking at the Smartstrand Frieze. We live in California and have been looking at the LA Carpet store. We have a sample of Smartstrand Kinetic Contrast (I think this is the style name they give the Frieze) the color number is 168 Natural Grain. I am confused, is Southernmost Point the color name or manufacturer? From what I am reading on the internet Home Depot, Lowes, carpet stores all carry Smartstrand and they all assign their own names so I think you are going to have to be alot more specific. I will be interested in responses that you might get. Good Luck!

Bookmark   March 25, 2012 at 12:16PM
momtotwins

Southernmost point is a style found on the Mohawk website. It is not a Lowes or Home Depot brand.

Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 1:22PM
mydreamhome

Like the mattress manufacturers, the carpet manufacturers give their carpets different names in every showroom so you can't price match. Southernmost Point may be the name on the Mohawk site and in a number of stores across the nation, but it might be known as something completely different in the store down the street and something different again at the Lowe's or HD. They are all the same carpet from the same manufacturer with the same exact warranty, just a different style name. The best thing to do is to get the specs on the carpet--what kind of pile is it and what is the weight. Once you are armed with that information, you can price shop for yourself, but you may not be able to get anyone to price match. Lowe's & HD have been given super low pricing by Mohawk that the regular dealers have not been able to get, so Lowe's & HD are able to give pretty much the lowest price out there for the same product.

Hope this helps!

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 8:26PM
More Discussions
Has anyone used Wicanders Vinyl Comfort flooring?
I'm really struggling to find the right floor for my...
lovelierthoughts
Ceramic wood tile into sunken living room?
Getting ready to remodel a house I am purchasing. Would...
m323
Brazilian Cherry with infloor heat, rug or no rug
We just got our in floor heat installed in the sunroom. Hoping...
sewwhatsnew
Bamboo Floor Disaster
Hi, I got new bamboo floors when I renovated my NYC...
katefriedmann
Chinese Hardwood Flooring - After Lumber Liquidators & 60 Minutes
Wondering how folks are now feeling about buying imported...
Ken Fisher
Sponsored Products
Tacoma Black Rectangular: 5 Ft. x 7 Ft. 3 In. Rug
$186.00 | Bellacor
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Mohawk Home Rugs Taba Brown 8 ft. x 10 ft. 3 Piece
Home Depot
Heritage Knott's Blanket Latte Rectangular: 5 Ft. 3 In. x 7 Ft. 10 In. Rug
$372.99 | Bellacor
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Accent Rug: Mohawk Home Rugs Simpatico Biscuit
$15.72 | Home Depot
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Mohawk Rugs Aurora Shag Glade 5 ft. x 8 ft.
Home Depot
Medina Multi-Colored Rectangular: 5 Ft. x 7 Ft. 6 In. Rug
$374.00 | Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™