how can I find and order this tile?

lnaramoreMarch 11, 2012

Hi there. I've bought a house and would like to match the existing tile and extend it down a hallway. I've found one piece in the basement.

On the back it says Unicom Starker. Then on a different line GRES. Then on the 3d line MADE IN ITALY. The on the 4th line T145. Then on the 5th line 36. Then over to the right of the 4th and 5th lines, balanced between them, is printed 06.

So I found the Unicom Starker website. This tile isn't featured there (I've looked at all the pictures).

Does anyone know a source for these tiles in the US? And if so what do each of the numbers tell me to tell them I want?

Thanks very much!

Laura

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sserra85

Unfortunately those number probably won't tell you anything. If the folks in Italy feel like being friendly, you can try to email Unicom with them a picture of it. Include your location and ask if they can give you a list of importers in your area. They should be able to give you more information on the tile. Depending how old it is, or how long it's been discontinued, you may not be able to get it. But I'd say going directly to the manufacturer is the best bet.

Bookmark   March 13, 2012 at 12:57PM
More Discussions
Appalachian Flooring made in Canada
http://www.appalachianflooring.com/evershine I have...
cindywhitall
Tigerwood Flooring - if you have it would you do it again
We are considering putting in Tigerwood flooring. We...
snowcamp
My experience: refinish hardwood floors with Bona Traffic
I thought it would be helpful to others to read about...
nanj
Best flooring for dog who doesn't 'hold it'
Hello Everyone- I am moving into a new house. The house...
krylander
Somerset Country Hardwood Made in China
After ordering 1650 sf of Somerset Country hardwood,...
blondie859111
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™