Smell from gas fireplace
We moved in our new home with a Direct Vent fireplace last Jan, the smell it gave off was awful. After reading the instructions it said to you need to burn it for 12 hrs or so with windows open, to burn off manufacturing smells. So we never did use it last winter. The fireplace people were sent here by the builder this summer because of a leak, which was actually a roof problem, but I talked to the guy about the smell, he said some of them take as much as 30 hours to burn off the odor.
Well, we have burned ours more than that, the smell is nearly gone, but still not completely gone. Has anyone else had this type of problem. I am wondering if the smell will ever go away completely.. Hard to describe, sort of like melting wax.