Luxury Vinyl Plank

dandkmomMarch 12, 2012

I'm looking for luxury vinyl plank with click technology to install in my basement - a DIY project. I narrowed it down to Metroflor Konecto Engage and Earthwerks Linkwerks Rapid Clic. I also looked at the Ifoor product, but my husband wants to stay with a name product. After deciding to go with the Konecto product because it was 20% cheaper, I now have a dilemma. While each Internet store says the product has a 20 year warranty, the Enage website says the warranty is only 1 year if purchased on the Internet. I'm now reconsidering the Ifloor product.

Any thoughts on these three products?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Floortech

Well here is the deal...Take the internet quote into a retailer. They can not change the warranty in my opinion based on law..but what does happen is that you will have absolutely no representation should you have an issue. No rep from your area will come out and many manufacturers will not back anything until a rep has reviewed the problem. Your local store can get extremely close in price and then you are safe. Give them a chance and why is everyone afraid to take that quote to a local store. We do not let internet stores beat us..but we are passionate about what we pay for our products and we negotiate like hell when some internet outfit works off of 20 cent profit because they never have to deal with you again. But a retailer who negotiates well with the distributors can compete. I just looked up internet prices on engage and your retailer can match the number if you get to the right one....or at least get really close and then you'll have all the warranty and protection against flooring being damaged also. Good Luck

Bookmark   March 16, 2012 at 12:22AM
More Discussions
farm house Floors
Hello everyone. I live in a old farmhouse in new england....
jennybog
'Nature' Brand Wood Flooring
I'm looking for either Brazilian Walnut or Brazilian...
justhuff
Bamboo flooring from LL bad odor
I purchased morning star bamboo strand click flooring...
rg100
Has anyone used Smartcore Floors from Lowes
Hi, we're looking for something that we can put over...
amoore1205
Best flooring for dog who doesn't 'hold it'
Hello Everyone- I am moving into a new house. The house...
krylander
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™