Engineered hardwood flooring?s
The DW wants to replace the only carpet remaining in the house and I must say, I agree. I need some answers from the experts. The engineered flooring will be placed atop concrete and I assume there will be no moisture issues since we have glued hardwood, with no hollow sound, performing in the foyer and dining room that was placed when the house was built in 1988. I do not want the hollow sound.
1. What brands/manufacturers would you recommended?
2. Is there another install method that can eliminate the hollow sound? 2 layers of padding?
3. What thickness is recommended?
4. If glued, should the floor be leveled?
5. Is this flooring as slippery as laminate?
6. Would you recommend installing EHW in a kitchen, mud room and laundry room?