Quality Outdoor Furniture Brands/Materials?

wendage2April 25, 2013

I am looking to buy an outdoor dining set, chaise loungers and possible seating set. I have no idea what brands are high quality and/or what type of material are best to buy. We live in California and get occasional rain in the winter but that is our only weather issue.

Many thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
azmom

Tropitone.

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 9:23PM
Evieoo7

It demands great care and patience if you want to buy a satisfied and high quality outdoor furniture. You need to pay attention on price, material, design, product warranty and so on. If you don't mind to buy it from online store. You can search it by search engines

Bookmark   May 2, 2013 at 6:16AM
joseph002

Buying outdoor furniture from an online store is the best option.When choosing outdoor furniture it's important to get the best quality you can afford plus something that looks beautiful and will last a long time.

Bookmark   May 3, 2013 at 6:54AM
debo_2006

Another for Tropitone. Our Tropitone is in its 24th year and still going strong. We do pack it away in winter. I think it comes with a 15 year warranty, or at least it use to.

Bookmark   May 11, 2013 at 6:05PM
expert_Irwin

I prefer summer classics wicker collections. Their patio furniture is very durable to all kinds of weather including very sunny places. Wicker is always a good choice when it comes to material because it is for the most part light weight and easy to store and move. Hope this helped!

Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 6:07PM
sayde

We bought a set of Brown Jordan in 1994. We are careful with it -- cover it at night, store it in winter. It has held up very well. Even the cushions are all fine, and original. We use it daily all summer, every summer. The pain has chipped of the aluminum here and there but I have just mixed up the color with some acrylic paint and touched it up.

Bookmark   May 16, 2013 at 7:29AM
gogoroger

I just purchased a neat outdoor set made from old wooden cedar timbers and steel. The guy that made them said that cedar is one of the best woods to use outdoors due to its moisture resistance and not only that, but bugs dont eat it. Rusty Rail Designs was the name, and his stuff is very well priced for being totally custom made.

Bookmark   June 27, 2013 at 12:40PM
repac

Woodard is an excellent maker of outdoor furniture. We inherited a Woodard wrought iron set when we purchased our house 30 years ago, and it is still going strong (except cushions need replacement).

Last year, we built a new patio and bought a Woodard aluminum table and chair set. It's beautiful, functional, built well. I wasn't a fan at first of sling chairs, but the Woodard slings were so comfortable we decided to get them. So easy to take care of--just leave them outside. Woodard also has a great warranty.

Here is a link that might be useful: Woodard furniture

Bookmark   June 29, 2013 at 5:22PM
MarkBacon

Actually there are many good quality brands you can choose from. If you can just give some time and surf the internet more, i bet you can find many. One of the best is wicker, aside from that it is very durable and highly weather resistant, you can even find many designs and styles that can be appealing. The root concern is your budget. .

Bookmark   August 3, 2013 at 3:34PM
freethinker99

Look at Loyd Flanders

Bookmark   August 12, 2013 at 9:38PM
rmanbike

Your question is too vague, first is to determine the style and type you like, research the materials used in manufacturing and how long each type material will last in your environment.
Then look at who is manufacturing / selling this.

Bookmark   August 26, 2013 at 9:44PM
More Discussions
Smith Brothers of Berne - experience with?
Apologies for the dual post - I'm sinking the other...
marys1000
Online slipcover companies
Need to re-slipcover our Arhaus Greta sectional, and...
kardut
Michael Thomas sectional
Recently rented a luxury ski home that featured a Michael...
Christina Stumpf
Hancock & Moore older leather chair, maybe H&M sofa,can they be saved?
I have an opportunity to pick up this chair and sofa...
aesanford
Taylor King sofas ??
We have found a couple Taylor King sofas that we really...
fleurdelis05
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™