Mortgage Companies and questionable events

txsellerJune 23, 2006

How many have applied for either refinancing or new mortgage and locked in at a good rate and suddenly there is a problem? This happened to us when we refinaced We locked in and during this time the rates increased. We received an unexpected low appraisal. The same thing happened with another person I know. It seems to happen when you lock into a low rate and the rates go up during the locked in period. Please let me know.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jannie

When we applied for our mortgage 25 years ago, the company (stress this was a mortgage company, not a regular savings bank)was pulling this same stuff on us. We had a rate locked to a certain date, and they dragged it out , asking for more and more stuff from us, like old tax returns, termite inspections on the house, anything to delay it. We sent a cc letter to them and to our state's attorney general, and finally got a decent rate offer. But it was still a little higher than the original rate we had signed for. I can't believe companies are pulling this same old *carp* 25 years later!!!

Bookmark   June 24, 2006 at 3:38AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
txseller

I'm surprised there hasn't been an investigation on this! I'm sure this has happened to more people. Maybe they don't realize this occurance?

Bookmark   June 24, 2006 at 5:58PM
More Discussions
Ontario - Canadian law question
Hi: I am hoping I can find someone on the forum who...
mistopheles52
Tiny pension - Taking lump sum or monthly annuity payment
I just received a notice from a previous employer asking...
azmom
Here's a question for those who pay with cash
It happens occasionally, I'll be in a checkout line...
SnidelyWhiplash
Buying a new house financial questions?
This seems silly, but I don't have anyone else to talk...
Butternut
anyone had trouble getting an Amex card accepted?
I have an Amex card with a very good cashback program,...
davidrt28 (zone 7)
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™