Armstrong's new(ish) Performance Plus engineered wood flooring

duchampMarch 6, 2013

Anyone used or installed Armstrong Performance Plus flooring? I like what I've seen and apparently Costco is promoting it.
The wood is treated with an acrylic-infusion process that is supposed to make it very durable and long lasting. The pictures look beautiful, lots of options. I haven't yet found much input on it online so I'm hoping to garner some feedback here.

Also, like many engineered floorings it contains aluminum oxide...should I be concerned about the use of this additive in terms of gassy-emissions? I don't believe there is any formaldehyde in this product at least. The installer would cut the wood outside. But what about long term? I think I read somewhere that only Europe manufactures aluminum oxide-free floorings ...it is a banned substance there! Any input on this subject as well is welcome.

Here is a link that might be useful: Armstrong Performance Plus engineered wood flooring

This post was edited by duchamp on Wed, Mar 6, 13 at 9:04

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
snowbean

I am researching also. Has anyone used it in their home ?

Bookmark   February 24, 2014 at 11:31AM
snowbean

I went in a flooring store and the armstrong performance plus did not pass my key scratch test. the armstrong lifetime floors (engineered and hardwood versions) were better than performance plus under my key scratch test. what surprised me was the strand bamboo engineered and strand bamboo staple / nail down flooring made by eco something in the usa. wow I think I will consider strand bamboo for my kitchen open to living room now. im tired of my oak floors which are scratched and dented and the rough edges catch my socks.

Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 4:10PM
snowbean

the key did dent and mildly scratch the lifetime armstrong wood and engineered wood but my key did not do anything to the strand bamboo samples - yes I tried to dent the light medium and dark color strand bamboo thick samples and engineered samples. I thought strand bamboo would look awful but the new colors are just as nice as the armstrong lifetime and performance plus samples.

Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 4:14PM
More Discussions
peg and groove hardwood floors
I have a 1931 home with a hardwood floor in the main...
zagyzebra
concret floors
can you put linoleum on bare concret floors
marykwiley
natural red oak floors with natural cherry kitchen cabinets
Hi, all. Looking for feedback from anyone who has natural...
hjs
Has anyone used Wicanders Vinyl Comfort flooring?
I'm really struggling to find the right floor for my...
lovelierthoughts
Experiences with vinyl flooring
Hello, I was wondering individuals experiences with...
einajr
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™