Regency E33 Gas Insert

gingerzeeOctober 27, 2007

I am looking to get the Regency E33 Gas insert. Does anyone have any opinions, information or experience with those. Would love to hear from you. also, considering the Mendota D40???

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
haus_proud

We just had a Jotul gas insert put in. These are MAJOR installations. They take ALL DAY, and then another few hours. Ask a lot of questions. Be very sure that it fits right and LOOKS RIGHT. We have a 5 inch rise in our prefab fireplace, which is still exposed, and they haven't figured out yet how to cover it so the old ugly stuff doesn't show, or how much it will cost us. But it gives a LOT OF HEAT. we got a remote thermostat that shut it off when it reaches the target temp. That's very useful. The Mendota is supposed to be the RollsRoyce of inserts, and the Regency has a very good reputation. We chose the Jotul because we liked the style, and we trust Norwegian products. But I think choosing American is probably a better choice, because if you run into problems, like ours, you don't have to go overseas for an answer.

Bookmark   November 1, 2007 at 10:01AM
More Discussions
Can woodstove clog a chimney in a month??
We had a Quadrafire 5100 woodburning stove insert installed...
kitasei
Semi-detached home shared flue fireplace
Hi this is my first post to this forum so forgive me...
hiddentrails
Gas Fire Place
I have a direct vent gas fireplace with a standing...
JakeBrey
Fireplace Options?
Looking to put a wood burning fireplace in our new...
rmverb
replacing wood burning stove with wb fireplace, will it work?
Living room had a wood burning stove. There's a 6"...
petecon
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™