macys echo leather sectional

ciloApril 12, 2010

I am looking for a contemporary leather sectional with about 3k budget and so far I visited several furniture stores in the san francisco area (Echo, Envy, jimyko, west elm, eq3, scandinavian design, etc). So far I like the one in macys best... It seems it is made by natuzzi. Though when I found this forum today, it seems the opinion on natuzzi is not good... May I ask if anyone has any experience with this particular piece of sectional? Is it a good sectional for the price or not?

May I ask which furniture stores in the area that you will recommend?

My budget is about 3k... (will wait for macys discount for this)

Thank you very much for your help

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beekeeperswife

We were looking at the leather sectionals at Macy's too. I didn't get a warm & fuzzy feeling, nobody could tell me where they were made. They did say that they were made by Natuzzi though, but I've heard the stories about some being made in China and are not The Natuzzi of Yesteryear....

Anyway, we ended up going across the street to the Natuzzi Flagship store. The sofa we were (and still are) in love with is made in Italy. It was priced a bit out of our price range. I asked if there were any upcoming promotions or sales. Couple of minutes later,(after the salesman chatted with the manager)the price dropped $1500 and we bought it. I can't wait for it to arrive, it is on their "quick ship" program, so it should be here in about 3 more weeks. We bought the Savoy.

So, what's my point? Find a Natuzzi showroom, and you will get much better answers about the quality of the sofa you are interested in, and also turns out, you can ask for a discount! The store we ended up buying in, certainly admitted that not all of the sofas are from Italy, and there is different quality issues between them.

Bookmark   April 13, 2010 at 11:21AM
cilo

Thanks. I checked Natuzzi showroom and it seems the closest location is nearly 2 hours away...

I asked the sales rep in Macys and she said the sectionals they received were usually made in Italy. However when I checked its price tag, it said that it could be made in Italy or China...

Bookmark   April 13, 2010 at 4:06PM
parma42

It doesn't seem like their quality is what it used to be.

Here is a link that might be useful: complaints

Bookmark   April 14, 2010 at 10:00AM
More Discussions
Quality Outdoor Furniture Brands/Materials?
I am looking to buy an outdoor dining set, chaise loungers...
wendage2
Kitchen Table Repair
Hi. My kitchen table has a crack in it and I was wondering...
marc83
Durability of white leather
Will a white leather sofa discolor eventually no matter...
booyah053
sectional sofa help
we're in the market for a sectional for our basement...
lmgch
Can you help me identify this furniture maker/designer?
I acquired this mid-century table and chairs. Looks...
Julie Fortier
Sponsored Products
Macie Blue Mother of Pearl Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Arteriors Home Macy 33" Tall Glass Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Modern Red Macy Glass Desk with Black Metal Frame
Zuri Furniture
Arteriors Home - Macy Table Lamp - 42346-832
Great Furniture Deal
Orchid & Navy Macy Moroccan Throw Pillow - Set of Two
$39.99 | zulily