Way to upgrade existing Heat N Glo fireplace?

DocNoOctober 8, 2013

I have a Heat N Glo model model SL-750TR-D. It came with my house. It's obviously the cheapest fireplace they could find - and it looks like it :(

Does anyone know if there is a way to upgrade the fireplace log set and maybe burner without having to swap out the entire unit?

Then again, there seem to be many better brands of fireplaces out there so maybe it would be worth the hassle/expense of completely changing it out. It's just that it's six years old and seems a complete waste to just toss entirely. I wish I would have had an opportunity to pick something better - or at least known at the time that there were much better options out their...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
julie825

Hi, I have the same question as you. Did you upgrade or buy another brand? If so did you keep the logs? We were stupid enough to choose the sl750tr when building. We had a wood fireplace and I did not realize how expensive a gas fireplace was, we were over budget on the build and went with this model. Sorry ever since. It does work, but the flame is so low you cannot see it, in addition the screen is so dark you cannot see the logs! It is like a black box on or off. Had someone look at it, but the flame is as high as it can go. In addition I want a brick looking box behind the logs, if we can ever see inside.

Bookmark   February 28, 2014 at 9:22AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
julie825

Hi, I have the same question as you. Did you upgrade or buy another brand? If so did you keep the logs? We were stupid enough to choose the sl750tr when building. We had a wood fireplace and I did not realize how expensive a gas fireplace was, we were over budget on the build and went with this model. Sorry ever since. It does work, but the flame is so low you cannot see it, in addition the screen is so dark you cannot see the logs! It is like a black box on or off. Had someone look at it, but the flame is as high as it can go. In addition I want a brick looking box behind the logs, if we can ever see inside.

Bookmark   February 28, 2014 at 10:04AM
More Discussions
Fireplace Options?
Looking to put a wood burning fireplace in our new...
rmverb
direct vent gas fireplace
Hello, I just bought a house and there is a Monessen...
shahgee84
Gas fireplace that looks real in new build
Yes I know everyone want their gas logs to look real....
asyrp43
Can woodstove clog a chimney in a month??
We had a Quadrafire 5100 woodburning stove insert installed...
kitasei
Jotul Kennebec
Well today is day two with my new Jotul fireplace insert...
turningpoint
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™