Oops: 110v into low voltage switch on Heatilator..

apps4meOctober 11, 2007

Ok, one of my more stupid moves.... went to replace the double remote switch on my heatilator (controls fan and on/off). Forgot to break off the bridge tab...

So, I ran 100v AC through the low voltage to my fireplace, and suprise, it won't work now...

Any idea what I burned up?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SeattlePioneer

The millivolt gas valve.

    Bookmark   October 17, 2007 at 5:40PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jca1

ditto, no fix, must replace.

    Bookmark   October 17, 2007 at 8:38PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
do you recognize this stacked stone?
I would like to install stacked stone and found this...
rosebay
freestanding gas stove flaming out- vent problem?
I have a free standing direct vented gas stove vented...
pooper
Gas fireplace- fan or no fan?
Looking at a Mendota and a Heat N Glo full view single...
ryebread2111111
Does this old fireplace have options?
Hey everybody! My home was built in 1930 and originally...
Kristin Jennings
Harman accentra insert wood pellet stove
I'm having a problem with my auger. It won't feed my...
Kyle22
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™