henredon cushions

kars1April 6, 2011

I have 2 sofas from the Henredon Fireside Collection that were delivered Jan 2008. I noticed the cushions not "springing back" to shape after being sat on. The back cushions basically look collapsed. After contacting the dealer in Aug. 2009, Henredon replaced all the cushion cores at no charge. They looked great for a while but the same thing happened again. They have some down in them. I was told I had to shake and fluff them often. They are in our family room and get used daily. Even after they have been fluffed they just squish down again. The fabric moves on the cushion so you have to pull the welts to get it back in proper alignment. I hope this isn't what I should be expecting from these cushions. I have never had to do this on my previous Thomasville sofa.

Any suggestions? I am considering replacing the cores again.

Thanks

Help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
louisshanks

The normal core for the Fireside are the spring blenddown cushions. I have seen issues with the spring blend down in recent years because most companies provide down as a basic cushion.
Cust are demanding it because they give the sofa the crown look that is in demand. They will look more "casual" than a classic (flater) high density core. I suggest that you get either the 15% firmer or if necessary the 30% firmer spring blend down.
Henredon may or may not replace it, just have to check with local retailer.

Bookmark   April 13, 2011 at 5:32PM
More Discussions
Taylor King sofas ??
We have found a couple Taylor King sofas that we really...
fleurdelis05
Slats or Boxspring?
Like the title says: Slats or Boxspring to support...
pbx2
Smith Brothers of Berne - experience with?
Apologies for the dual post - I'm sinking the other...
marys1000
Need Beadroom Furniture
Well, two months ago I changed my home furniture. But...
jazmin07
Hancock & Moore older leather chair, maybe H&M sofa,can they be saved?
I have an opportunity to pick up this chair and sofa...
aesanford
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™