Opinion on fabric (pics)

dorry2April 23, 2012

I really need to make a decision on sofa fabric for a summer home. I posted a while ago with fabrics that the sales rep talked me out off and saying, down the road, the fabrics will not wear well, one will pill and get fuzzy, blah, blah, blah! This is a Broyhill fabric since I do not want to go high-end for a summer place. The thought is in a few years, I will retire this sofa to the loft upstairs.

The second photo is a truer representation of the fabric. It is a nice weight -do you think this is a good choice for a sofa? This is a summer home that will not be used heavily and no small children, just a few young mid-20's adults! The rep said it will show water marks. I am not that concerned and have never spilled anything on our home sofa. I am going back and forth trying to decide on a fabric. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dorry2

I forgot to add, the fabric is 100% cotton. Thanks, all!

Bookmark   April 23, 2012 at 10:34PM
rmanbike

If no pets, your probably be fine with this fabric as a medium to light weight cotton, looks similar to the Covington Pebbletex or Kavastex.

Bookmark   April 24, 2012 at 7:27AM
mariagarcia495

Light weight fabric for furniture is the one that I usually support.

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 1:30AM
freethinker99

Most 100% cotton fabrics do not show water marks but if this does it would concern me as it would be very difficult to keep clean. I might ask for a large swatch and experiment on it or ask if you can call the mill for more information.

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 7:23AM
CharlotteHome

How much is that one? Are you choosing it based on cost? I think you can probably find something a little higher end and spend less. Almost all furniture manufacturers doing custom sofas allow C.O.M. (where you buy the fabric) There are a lot of amazing fabric places and a green is EASY! I think this one has the look that it might get wrinkly and wear a bit more than something woven (even if its rarely in use).

Bookmark   May 25, 2012 at 8:15PM
freethinker99

You should looked for a fabric that has been pre-washed prior to being upholstered. If you really want it to be washable there are some fabrics that have been prewashed twice.

Bookmark   May 30, 2012 at 6:37AM
jefff123

You might want to consider a slipcovered sofa for a summer home like you described. The fabric you have chosen would be perfect for a slipcover.

Bookmark   June 25, 2012 at 4:37PM
More Discussions
Lee Industries Sofa--worst ever furniture
I can use everyone's assistance in helping me solve...
sf_treat
Duane Collie - Question, Please!
Our H & M Kodiak sofa, love seat, chair & ottoman...
cindylouhoo
Debating between a drexel or henredon bed
What is better quality? The are both 4 post beds. Just...
shweebies
Taylor King sofas ??
We have found a couple Taylor King sofas that we really...
fleurdelis05
crate barrel sofa quality
what can be said about the crate and barrel sofa quality...
kermit_xc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™