Subfloor and Bamboo Flooring

Tonton101March 13, 2012

I just bought a house that has crawlspace fundation. I am going to install floating stranded bamboo floor and I have purchased 3-in-1 underlayment for the bamboo floor. When I ripped out the old carpet I noticed the previous owner had compressed board between the carpet underlayment and the wooden subfloor, needless to say I ripped the compressed boards out since some were stained pretty bad.

Now I am hearing mixed advices about if I can just lay the underlayment on top of the bare wooden pine floor (3/4"), and put the bamboo flooring over the underlay.

My handyman friend say to put felt paper, and other person say to put plywood. I also read about putting OSB (since it is cheaper) but so far I am lost about if I should install boards over the subfloor.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
angelinebal

It is a sub urban style but really cool one as it's environment friendly and native style.

Bookmark   March 14, 2012 at 1:12AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tectonicfloors

Prior to installation of any flooring, you should ensure that the job site and subfloor meet the necessary requirements. The step in�bamboo wood floor installation�is making sure the subfloor is: 1.) Structurally sound 2.)Clean: Swept and free of debris, wax, grease, paint, sealers, and old adhesives etc�3.)Dry: Subfloor must remain dry year-round, and�4.) Level

Bookmark   March 21, 2012 at 12:30AM
More Discussions
Has anyone purchased from value floors direct?
Has anyone purchased flooring from value floors direct? I...
willintotry
What cork flooring manufacturer is best?
I am leaning towards cork flooring in my kitchen reno...
laurarenos7
Natural hickory...yes or no....pics inside
I got a sample box and put it out on over the carpet...I...
msekfe
Review on Taun wood
Has anyone used Taun wood for flooring? We are looking...
itspepsico
why is everyone pushing water based poly?
Everyone that I have gotten estimates for is pricing...
NYMK
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™