Hooker Bedroom Furniture or the like

mill1045April 19, 2007

I am in the market for bedroom furniture, and really like the Albany Park line from hooker, solid construction and decent price. http://www.hookerfurniture.com/photos/large/HF54590220RS_11_03.jpg

My question for you guys:

DO you know of any other suites that have a similar look for a similar price? around 5k for king bed, 2 night stands, long dresser and tall dresser with mirror?

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
furnone

Look at the Mount Vernon collection from Durham. Solid wood, made in Canada, good upper medium quality. Hooker is veneer and particle board, made in China.

Here is a link that might be useful: Durham Furniture

Bookmark   April 20, 2007 at 7:00PM
crouch

I echo the Durham suggestion. I recently ordered the same pieces you're talking about (except for the tall dresser) from Durham's Savile Row collection for about $3000 (plus $300 shipping) from lexfurniture.com and am very happy with them.

I think the Savile Row collection, in person more so than on the Durham website, looks like the Hooker collection you linked.

Find a Durham retailer in your area and compare.

Bookmark   April 21, 2007 at 12:57AM
susanlynn2012

Thank you so much both furnone and crouch for telling me about Durham since I need solid wood due to my allergies and their furniture looks very nice. Now I will try to find a dealer near me to compare with Stanley, Ethan Allen and Basset that all also have Antique White Furniture. It looks like Durham may be the only one that has no veneers and is all solid?

Bookmark   April 23, 2007 at 7:06PM
mill1045

seems like a good CO, but I didn't find anything I liked as much as the hooker line...anyone else got some suggestions?@?

Bookmark   April 25, 2007 at 6:02PM
bellamay

Hooker is a "pig in a poke" as my 93 year old Grandmother says...they are a low quality manufacturer masquerading as a high quality product. It pains me to think that someone would be willing to lay down 5k on this stuff. The finishes are horrible and the materials really stink. Can you tell that I am not a Hooker fan? It is actually Ashley in disguise.

Good luck!

Bookmark   April 30, 2007 at 11:40PM
mill1045

well, got any other recommendations... I know its not high end, but a lot of bang for the buck...

Bookmark   May 2, 2007 at 11:36AM
cadejo

I agree with Bellamy on Hooker, i wouldn't purchase something for that kind of money that will only go sourly bad in months. There are some good manufacturers out there that could pull high quality and solid hardwood. The problem you will have is getting High quality at a low price. For what I have seen solid wood manufacturers pride themselves of building stuff that will last and for that same reason the prices go up. I would try to go to

www.woodlandfurniture.com
www.antiguafurniture.com

These two sites have the same type of wooden furniture and might help you out

Bookmark   May 8, 2007 at 3:02PM
cedar_hill

Have you looked at Kincaid or Cochrane? Cochrane offers a solid wood group that you can choose between maple or oak and also what stain color. You can also choose from several different pulls.

Bookmark   May 13, 2007 at 11:07PM
mill1045

woodland and antigua are intriguing, but i can't see them, do i request a catalog?

Bookmark   May 14, 2007 at 7:48PM
susanlynn2012

Sounds like Durham is good quality.

Bookmark   August 7, 2007 at 10:38AM
ohleg691

Are any of these beds actually solid wood. I find that very difficult to believe. I like this curved bed though, but i suspect its also venear, but who cares, it looks cool.
http://www.lafurniturestore.com/story-curved-headboard-white-lacquer-platform-bed.html

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.lafurniturestore.com/story-curved-headboard-white-lacquer-platform-bed.html

Bookmark   September 14, 2010 at 2:01PM
More Discussions
Omnia leather furniture
We have seen a sofa by Omnia that we like - for around...
Susijo
Quality Patio Furniture Manufacturer/Type Recommendations
Building new home with outdoor living/patio area. ...
Karen Redding
Slats or Boxspring?
Like the title says: Slats or Boxspring to support...
pbx2
Restoration Hardware at a Discount??
I love the furniture from RH but it is way out of my...
pooky
Need Beadroom Furniture
Well, two months ago I changed my home furniture. But...
jazmin07
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™