hearthatone wood stoves factory defects in material and service

RyanFullerOctober 10, 2013

I recently purchased a hearthstone homestead wood stove. At the time of the 3rd use 2 side tiles broke and may now allow carbon monoxide gas to pass through the stove. I called the dealer and the factory for a month without a single solution offered other than "pay freight, package and ship your stove to us [ 3,000 miles away ] and well take a look at it" approach. If their are other consumers out there that have purchased a hearthstone homestead or similar product and have also found the factory unreasonable and unable to stand behind their product I would like to hear from you. These 2 broken tiles are at the bottom of the stove. The cracks on one side are severe. Do any of the know of a good product that could be used to seal this defective device so I can still heat my home safely this winter? Other issues with the install from Country Homes Power is Spokane Washington include, 40 minute burn times [ the factory states this is due to an overdraft issue] This is a hearth mounted stove and I would love to purchase a stove that will not only heat my home but do so in safe and efficient manor. Any suggestions? The heat out put of the hearthstone stove is no where near that of which is advertised.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
christopherh

If I were you I would find another Hearthstone dealer in your area and tell them, in a calm, professional way, what your problem is.

Your short burn time is indeed because there's too much draft. Your flame should be a nice, lazy, flame.

Who installed it? There might be your problem. Did the installer mishandle the unit causing the damage? The installer is the very first person I would look at regarding any broken pieces and improper draft.

Bookmark   October 11, 2013 at 6:59AM
More Discussions
Can woodstove clog a chimney in a month??
We had a Quadrafire 5100 woodburning stove insert installed...
kitasei
Gas fireplace- fan or no fan?
Looking at a Mendota and a Heat N Glo full view single...
ryebread2111111
replacing wood burning stove with wb fireplace, will it work?
Living room had a wood burning stove. There's a 6"...
petecon
1st timer needs pellet stove guidence
The wife and I just bought a new single floor 1800...
bksinaz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™