Help me find a leather recliner,please

texasmanApril 27, 2012

I have been driving myself crazy trying to find a leather recliner to replace my broked down Lazyboy.

I have been searching for days and maybe I am being too picky but I want to get what I want.

Features that I want include.

1. brown leather and not bonded leather either.

2. Leggett and Platt mechanism

3. big fluffy arm pads that extend far enough back to that when I recline my arms to not fall in the hole.

4. Made in the good ole USA.

I am not rich and I would like to keep this purchase under $1,000 but I can stretch out a little but not much.

Any advice would be helpful

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Brent

You'll have to do some footwork to find the chair that is right for you, there's really no other way.
Note: Leggett and Platt's mechanisms can be from China (if memory serves me) as well as the good 'ol USA, and you might not have a choice on which country of orgin it comes from.

Shop the companies that are in your price range with the features that you desire, then go sit in them.

Good luck.

Bookmark   May 11, 2012 at 6:41PM
bobismyuncle

Yes, L&P has both USA and Chinese mechs. I've not seen enough of the latter to comment on quality.

First brand I'd look at is Bradington-Young. Hancock & Moore is very good but may be out of your price range. But consider TCO - total cost of ownership. Would you rather spend $1500 on a chair that's going to last 20 years and be comfortable and good looking or $500 on a cheap looking chair that is going to last 3-4 years?

Bookmark   May 11, 2012 at 10:13PM
freethinker99

Texasman I agree that Bradington Young and Hancock and Moore have a good quality product but really much of the recliner is the mechanism and the frame and the tailoring. The mechs are fairly standard. You might take a look at Palliser they are all made in North America either Canada or Mexico in the latter case the plants are run by Canadians. You could find a Pallsier leather recliner in your price range. They have a good selection with some good looks. There leathers run the range from protected to semi aniline to full aniline which will effect the price.

Bookmark   May 28, 2012 at 8:57AM
More Discussions
What happens to returned furniture
We recently received a living room furniture and one...
madness76
Hancock & Moore older leather chair, maybe H&M sofa,can they be saved?
I have an opportunity to pick up this chair and sofa...
aesanford
Couch for Big and Tall Guy
What suggestions would you all offer on what to look...
happs
Debating between a drexel or henredon bed
What is better quality? The are both 4 post beds. Just...
shweebies
Michael Thomas sectional
Recently rented a luxury ski home that featured a Michael...
Christina Stumpf
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™