Country French Dining Room

zinningeApril 22, 2008

I am having trouble finding a Country French dining room set. I don't like Ethan Allen, but I can't afford more than about $2000. Ideally I'd like to find something like the furniture in Claude Monet's Giverny kitchen, but haven't had any luck so far. Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
parma42

Doing French Country, I would mix and match. Find a table with maybe a slight cabriole leg. Nothing too ornate. Then find some chairs that please you. They could have rush seats that you can add cushions to. Table and chairs wouldn't have to be the same color.

I have found when trying to stay within a budget and not having things look cheap is to pay attention to details. If you go for a cushion, buy good ones. Take a look at the Pierre Deux web site for ideas and well made seat cushions.

You could also look on places like Craig's list for an older table that is better made than the ones you'd be buying on a budget and have it refinished.

Bookmark   April 22, 2008 at 6:56PM
parma42

Ballards has some country french but the sale ended. If you like these, I'd wait for a sale.

Just checked the link and all it does is get you to Ballards web site. Look at what they have to offer. They are in your price range.

Here is a link that might be useful: avignon

Bookmark   April 23, 2008 at 10:30AM
jennyhicks

Have you tried Lucy Willow? They have some great pieces. I bought a dining roon table with 4 chairs and a sideboard from them.

Here is a link that might be useful: french furniture

Bookmark   May 6, 2008 at 9:49AM
newyorkone

Have looked at a lot of country french. Hooker,
Universal furniture and the Better Homes and Gardens Furniture (also made by universal) all have nice country french dining rooms in your price range. I did not purchase any of these sets so I cannot say how they stand up against wear and tear, but they did look very nice.

Bookmark   July 7, 2008 at 1:11AM
More Discussions
Kitchen Table Repair
Hi. My kitchen table has a crack in it and I was wondering...
marc83
Room&Board Cruz Chaise Lounge Cushion help
I would be forever grateful If anyone has a Cruz chaise...
missmaggs
Upholstery Fabric Durability
I am about to purchase a Lee Industries couch and two...
3kidsonedogandus
Durability of white leather
Will a white leather sofa discolor eventually no matter...
booyah053
Recommendation for high-end modern Asian furniture?
Aside from Berkeley Mills in Berkeley, CA, does anyone...
Cam Chan
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™