Best Way to Convey Info to Military Son

scarab4lifeJune 18, 2013

A friend's husband died without a will recently and I want to avoid the chaos involved with that situation.

My son is in the U.S. Navy. What is the best way to convey testamentary info securely to him? This info will include my Last Will and Testament and instructions about my accounts, liabilities, and expenses including user names and passwords.

He has frequent ship duty but is able to receive info via emal and U.S. mail.

By the way, I am currently healthy and still working.

Thanks for the info.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sushipup1

Keep the info at home and tell him where to find it. You might want to designate a third person to help with it all.

Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 11:56AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
emma

When I die my assets will be transferred to my heir when she shows the bank and courthouse my death certificate. I do have a small will $50. for the contents of my home and anything I may buy before my death. She is not to use the will unless someone contests the contents. For instance if my sister shows up and wants my jewelry. No court or lawyers who have to be paid or passwords needed.

Explanation: My money is POD (payment on death) and the home is TOD transfer on death. If you do that you can surely email him the instructions. He can't get control of anything without the death certificate. My attorney was very pleased with the way I had it set up. All he had to do was the will.

Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 6:15PM
More Discussions
Private College Savings - How much is enough?
We have approximately $62,000 saved in a 529 plan for...
RealHousewifeofNJ
Spending Breakdown
My wife and I have tracked our spending over the last...
rjexit5
Programmable Thermostat proof
Does anyone have hard copy proof of the savings that...
rjexit5
I NEED to vent!
I am so UPSET Just received a notice from my credit...
KarenPA_6b
Experience as a 1-car couple?
We moved into a new home (my first real house with...
ayimera
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™