Circulating Wood/Pellet Heat

xndmanOctober 22, 2008

Greetings all. I live in a 1500 sq ft rancher with a fireplace on a wall about 1/3 the way along the house. The fireplace faces the remaining 2/3 of the house where there's an open living, dining room and kitchen. The "master" bedroom is located on this side of the house. My problem is that behind the fireplace wall are the two bedrooms for my kids. There's only a hallway entrace (located about two feet to the left of the fireplace) to access the two rooms and hallway in between. Is there any way to circulate warm air behind the insert and into the bedrooms? The ceilings are not high and we have no ceiling fans in the area. Any thoughts?


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

There's a fan that can mount very easily in the corner of your doorway. It will blow the warm air into the kids room. I have used it for years for heating and a/c. The fan is called "entreeair" fan. It's only about a 6 inch fan. You can get them everywhere online.This fan will allow you to get the warm air to them,plus walk in and out of you rooms with ease. Also think about getting a circular vent. They are in every Lowe's and Home Depot location. Good luck.

    Bookmark   October 24, 2008 at 6:52PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Linear Fireplace
Can I put a 60 inch linear fireplace in place of this...
Gas fireplace that looks real in new build
Yes I know everyone want their gas logs to look real....
1st timer needs pellet stove guidence
The wife and I just bought a new single floor 1800...
Converting wood fireplace to gas fireplace
Help, I'm overwhelmed. Any link to a good site that...
Gas fireplace- fan or no fan?
Looking at a Mendota and a Heat N Glo full view single...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™