Best long distance plans

Dawn_in_VaJune 3, 2004

Has anyone any experiensce with Qwest on-line long distance? Does anyone have any good leads on best long distance plans? We didn't use long distance for a long time and I got rid of it. Now I am using all my cell minutes and think I might be better off getting a cheap LD carrier. These on-line deals-are they indeed deals? TIA.

Dawn

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cowboyind

These companies have a lot of different rates for different areas, so picking the best one depends a lot on where you are. The best resource I've seen that compares different phone plans is Phonedog.com. You can search through all the different plans available from carriers in your state and see side-by-side comparisons of their rates. This site also exposes hidden fees and charges people usually forget to ask about. Qwest is on the list of plans they discuss, so you might want to check it out.

This site also is great for comparing cell phone plans and rates. I like it this site a lot; it's a good one to bookmark.

Here is a link that might be useful: Phonedog.com

Bookmark   June 3, 2004 at 8:36PM
Dawn_in_Va

Cowboyind,

Thank You, I did check them out. So many choices! I have never heard of most of them. So I guess I will just take my chances. Thanks again.
Dawn

Bookmark   June 3, 2004 at 10:05PM
tinatark

We buy the cards from Sam's Club. .045 per min, no minimum or connection fees, like the cards you get from convenience stores, etc. You only have to buy one card, then refill it at your convenience, same price per minute.

Bookmark   June 5, 2004 at 1:59PM
kathyg_in_mi

We have ACCXX for all of our long distance. It's costing 3.9 cpm. We have used the Sam's Club AT&T card for years, but hubby tired of dialing #'s. Card was great when we had kids in college. Very happy with ACCXX, have had it for home phone for 1 year, now have it at cottage too. They put both phone #'s on one bill. I think last one was 400 minutes and $18 for the month. With SBC and AT&T our bills used to run $150 per month!
Kathy G in MI

Bookmark   June 6, 2004 at 11:11PM
joann23456

Try Onesuite. It's 2.9 cents per minute in the U.S., 2.5 if you use a local number. Prepaid and does require pin numbers, but Onesuite has a feature that allows you both to bypass Pin entry and to enter your often-called numbers. Very easy to use. No taxes or fees - I canceled my long distance, too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Onesuite

Bookmark   June 7, 2004 at 12:40AM
cathyll

I "second the motion" for Onesuite! Best thing we ever did to save money on our phone bill.

Bookmark   June 9, 2004 at 7:57AM
downsouth

I do the same thing Tina does. I always get my calling cards at Sams Club or Costco, as they have the cheapest LD cards around. We haven't had a long distance carrier in about five years.

Bookmark   June 14, 2004 at 9:19PM
Dawn_in_Va

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Bookmark   June 16, 2004 at 2:05PM
More Discussions
How would I sell fur coats?
Let me say, first, please donÂt bash me for having...
linnea56
refinancing a home
Just learned my interest is 5.25 on our home morgage....
victory_tea2085
I NEED to vent!
I am so UPSET Just received a notice from my credit...
KarenPA_6b
Any advice for a lady whose husband hides $?
I am a widow and used to doing for myself. I have a...
topsiebeezelbub
Buying a new house financial questions?
This seems silly, but I don't have anyone else to talk...
Butternut
Sponsored Products
Calphalon Simply Nonstick 12 in. Omelette Pan with Cover - 1774663
$39.99 | Hayneedle
Laser Day/Night Binoculars
$199.95 | FRONTGATE
Cardell Cabinets Gelden 36 in. W x 21 in. D x 34.5 in. H Vanity Cabinet Only in
Home Depot
Vintage-Inspired Large Steel Rolling Cart
$274.99 | Dot & Bo
Florence Style Loft Armchair Loveseat and Sofa Set Leather 3 Piece Set in Tan
$2,369.00 | LexMod