Nichols & Stone furniture

sparklebreadApril 29, 2013

This is a cross post from Home Decorating Forum. Does anyone have experience with Nichols & Stone furniture?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bullydosmom

I had 4 bow back chairs made by them. Wonderful furniture.the chairs are 35 years old. They have been passed around through our family. First my sister owned them, bought them new, years later gave them to me, years later I gave them to my son he painted them black, years later son gave them to his sister. Her husband set up a small spray booth and sprayed them white for her, they look modern and gorgeous. I would say money well spent.

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 4:59PM
bullydosmom

I had 4 bow back chairs made by them. Wonderful furniture.the chairs are 35 years old. They have been passed around through our family. First my sister owned them, bought them new, years later gave them to me, years later I gave them to my son he painted them black, years later son gave them to his sister. Her husband set up a small spray booth and sprayed them white for her, they look modern and gorgeous. I would say money well spent.

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 5:00PM
dorry2

I have NS Country Manor chairs and the St. George's table. I love their line. I have seen many less expensive furniture companies attempt to duplicate the Country Manor chairs, but none are as fine or as comfortable as the NS. The seat actually conforms to your " seat!" I don't think you will be disappointed. I had heard they had gone out of business, but, obviously not!

Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 10:12PM
sparklebread

Thank you both for your feedback. We purchase furniture for the long haul and pass some pieces around the family as well! Placed the order today. 12 week countdown begins!

Bookmark   May 18, 2013 at 8:17PM
dorry2

Which pieces did you order? Good luck! I think you will be very happy!

Bookmark   May 18, 2013 at 9:36PM
sparklebread

Just reporting back. We ordered pieces from the Williamsburg collection. Ordered in May-delivered yesterday. Quite a wait, but worth it. Finish is gorgeous and pieces are just beautiful. Highly recommend.

Bookmark   August 15, 2013 at 8:47PM
Holly- Kay

Please post pictures, I would love to see it!

Bookmark   August 18, 2013 at 9:28AM
chitownkat

I would love to see it as well, sparklebread. Glad to see people are still investing in quality furniture. I believe Stickley recently purchased N and S.

I had been coveting N and S quality for years and finally found an upscale consignment shop that had a secondhand dining table with 2 leaves and 6 Country Manor chairs (4 side, 2 armchairs). The set was just in the wood tone I had been looking for.
I did not hesitate to spend the $1,000 asking price. The side chairs probably cost $300 each new. Everytime I help my husband put the leaf in, he comments on what a solid and well-made set it is.

Bookmark   August 22, 2013 at 3:48PM
More Discussions
Slats or Boxspring?
Like the title says: Slats or Boxspring to support...
pbx2
how to buy high end furniture online and save?
Is there a guide to buying highend furniture online? I...
LauraOliver
HomeStretch Sofas - Good Quality? Anybody have one?
I have been looking for a fabric sofa. I hope to purchase...
ginger25
Anyone else sick of the spam?
Spam, as in "Pro" members linking to their...
sushipup1
need help with living room furniture placements
Hi, I have this living room 16.5 by 21.5 and the fireplace...
missbaggy
Sponsored Products
Bath Towel Ladder - Black - Menu A/S
$499.95 | HORNE
Hughes Leather Armless Chair - Brighton Volcano Brown
Joybird Furniture
Diamond Sofa Glass Leg Cocktail Table with White Lacquer Top In White Lacquer
Beyond Stores
Modernist Bar Stool in White
$99.99 | Dot & Bo
Fuchsia Diamond Pouf
$79.99 | zulily