Wells Fargo bank ?

patches_02June 22, 2009

My niece and her husband live in Utah. He was laid off from oil fields last month. Has put applications in 30 different places, no luck yet. There mortgage is at Well Fargo bank in the home town. There starting to have problem making the payment. Went to the bank to see if there is anything they can do. Banker told him to get a job and come back. Duh! he's trying but in mean time what can they do to save there house if bank won't even talk to them.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dreamgarden

"Banker told him to get a job and come back. Duh! he's trying but in mean time what can they do to save there house if bank won't even talk to them."

Get a job? Hah. I wonder what this banker might be doing for a living if the government/taxpayers HADN'T loaned HIS employer TARP money.....

Your niece and DH might try contacting the Homeownership Preservation Foundation at (888) 995-HOPE (4673). The foundation's counselors are part of "HOPE NOW," an alliance between counseling agents, servicers, investors and other mortgage market participants approved by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, who provide free foreclosure prevention assistance.

Another person I'd recommend is Dave Donhoff, the mortgage guy. He posts here somewhat regularly and is a wealth of information. Perhaps if you address your query to him, he might be able to be of some assistance.

Below is a link to some additional information that might be helpful. Its nice of you to help your niece and DH. Best of luck to them.

A link that might be useful:

Mortgages: Mortgage Foreclosure Timeline for Day 1 through Day 415
Homeowners have several chances to stop the foreclosure process once it's started. Here are the details to help you keep your house.

Facing foreclosure? Try a Workout.
If you're in trouble with your mortgage, here are steps to take to work out a solution with your lender.

8 Do's and Don'ts for Fighting Foreclosure
What to do and what to avoid in order to avert a financial disaster.

www.stretcher.com/critical/index.cfm

Bookmark   June 23, 2009 at 12:00PM
More Discussions
Here's a question for those who pay with cash
It happens occasionally, I'll be in a checkout line...
SnidelyWhiplash
Experience as a 1-car couple?
We moved into a new home (my first real house with...
ayimera
refinancing a home
Just learned my interest is 5.25 on our home morgage....
victory_tea2085
Programmable Thermostat proof
Does anyone have hard copy proof of the savings that...
rjexit5
Garrett Financial Network
Does anyone have experience with Garrett Financial...
sushipup1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™