Crate and Barrel- quality of kitchen table/chairs?

ebseApril 3, 2009

I'd love some feedback on this. I did a search but wasn't able to find much about the quality of C&B, although i did read an article that said to choose C&B over Pottery Barn.

Please let me know if you've been satisfied or not with the quality and/or customer service.

THanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dnickason

My personal opinion is that you can find manufacturers of furniture made in the US for close to the same prices. Everything C&B, Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware make is made in Asia. Even some Stickley stuff is being made in Vietnam. Check out Chatham Furniture Inc. All solid Cherry made in Massachussetts. It might not be your style, but you can get the idea of some really good craftsmanship. I bought an end table for $649 and it's hand made solid cherry. I would pay $100 less for one that's not solid hardwood, made in Asia. The difference to me is that when I die, that tables going to still be around and someone's going to want it.

Bookmark   April 4, 2009 at 1:19PM
lishaana

We have a CB dining table/sideboard/chairs from a few years ago and it was made in canada by baronet. It was one of their more pricier sets.

Bookmark   April 7, 2009 at 1:17PM
decision_maker

We bought the Allegro extension table and Dylan side chairs. The table was easy to assemble, and we're happy with the look and quality. Unfortunately, it was made in China.

Bookmark   April 26, 2009 at 7:41PM
thecollector

There is no quality to anyone's furniture that has to be assembled, regardless of the maker. Correctly made furniture has joinery, not bolts and screws.

Bookmark   April 27, 2009 at 2:23AM
irish-kevin

I agree, they are a bit over priced for that they are selling. I am trying to decide on a dining set and saw a few at this store that look similiar to what C&B are offering...for alot less too.

Here is a link that might be useful: dining room furniture

Bookmark   April 28, 2009 at 9:49AM
ebse

Thanks! We actually ended up choosing a Saloom table, which I've read good things about--on this forum mostly.

Bookmark   May 1, 2009 at 7:47PM
More Discussions
Quality Outdoor Furniture Brands/Materials?
I am looking to buy an outdoor dining set, chaise loungers...
wendage2
Living Room Furniture Recomendations
What brands of living room furniture compare to Durham...
tiffany2009
Hancock & Moore older leather chair, maybe H&M sofa,can they be saved?
I have an opportunity to pick up this chair and sofa...
aesanford
Michael Thomas sectional
Recently rented a luxury ski home that featured a Michael...
Christina Stumpf
looking for Marge Carson Used Pieces
Hi there, I am looking to buy used Marge Carson Furniture. Kindly, Barb...
iluvcarats
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™