Light or Dark Durham Furniture Set

hollyt201April 8, 2009

Hi all. I have read many posts, and have decided to purchase a durham furniture bedroom collection. The SOMA/LODO one.

I was wondering what you like better, dark wood or light? I have both, and although I like the dark, chocolate brown type of wood, it gets so dusty and is a pain. The color one the website is not fully accurate, I just can't decide which color to go with, one is a dark choc color and the other is a medium honey color. What do you think?

thanks!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Durham Furniture

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
parma42

Since I have a few antiques, I have a lot of darker wood.

I also bought some newer pieces in dark. IMO, they're not as nice. I looked at your link and the lighter finish was beautiful. It won't ever look dated as the "merlot" and "expresso" finishes will.

Bookmark   April 10, 2009 at 11:36AM
susanlynn2012

I actually love the set in both colors and feel it depends on the colors you will use around it, the wall colors and the bedding you plan to use.

I have a durham set (discontinued Royal Cottage) that I bought in 2007 and I LOVE my furniture set. It is built so well out of solid maple and came all matching (Stanley's stain/paint colors did not match within the bedroom set I bought!), with no cracks and none of the problems that I had with my damaged Stanley Furniture set that I returned. Durham Furniture is made in Canada and when I called them, they gave me a few furniture dealers near me that they recommended. They answered all my questions and I was very impressed with them.

My room is small and I wanted many pieces so I went with a light set to fit more pieces in my room without it looking too crowded.

Bookmark   April 16, 2009 at 1:34AM
davshr_charter_net

love seat tan in color

Bookmark   April 9, 2011 at 12:40PM
More Discussions
Living Room Furniture Recomendations
What brands of living room furniture compare to Durham...
tiffany2009
how to buy high end furniture online and save?
Is there a guide to buying highend furniture online? I...
LauraOliver
Horchow new chairs
Anybody knows the manufacturer of these chairs? Where...
inna0410
Debating between a drexel or henredon bed
What is better quality? The are both 4 post beds. Just...
shweebies
Need suggestions to soften my recliner
I bought a recliner from China, construction is fine...
biax
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™