Best home office furniture?

kapnobataiApril 23, 2010

Was wondering if anybody had examples of companies that made very high quality office furniture? I looked at Herman Miller and saw some stuff I liked but it doesn't seem like anybody offers their office systems to home consumers...

I'm looking to buy a large desk that is well made, looks nice, is modular and functional (high tech, good cable management, possibly something with a lifting mechanism, maybe something with a side mounted rail for attaching accessories, etc.). I'd prefer functionality over style.

Also looking to buy office storage systems (filing cabinets, etc.) under the same criteria above.

If someone could just point me in the direction of some of the better or best makers of office furniture (preferably those that home buyers can buy), I would appreciate it. I don't have any particular budget in mind, and am willing to spend for quality.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mkthompson

Try Sligh or Stanley. Christine at Elite Interiors assisted me with my purchase; christine@eliteinteriors.biz or 843-449-3588 ext 126. Complete in home, set up with their nationwide delivery; discount pricing.

Bookmark   April 23, 2010 at 9:55AM
inox

Herman Miller has an extensive set of dealers. Any of their dealers that sell office furniture will be happy to sell it to you.

The dealers are used to working with architects and facilities managers who are familiar with the products, so try to become familiar with the products before you call the dealer. There is no point in buying something else that is not as well designed, made, or supported.

Bookmark   April 24, 2010 at 7:06PM
kapnobatai

After some browsing I figured I liked the idea of installing a "casegood" rather than a simple desk + filing cabinet.

I found a few companies and was wondering if anybody knew anything about Gunlocke, Jofco, Geiger, Bernhardt, Krug, Watson or others in that category? How do they compare to Herman Miller's solutions?

Bookmark   April 25, 2010 at 8:41AM
kapnobatai

Add knoll to that list

Bookmark   April 25, 2010 at 8:49AM
inox

Gieger is owned by Herman Miller. The products have finishes that involve many more steps than the ones typically used on office furniture.

Bookmark   April 25, 2010 at 9:13AM
PRO
Brushworks Spectacular Finishes

Marvel is a quality American made line of office furniture.

Bookmark   October 27, 2011 at 7:56AM
skicliffs

Herman Miller is a great furniture and Vendor Gear from Amazon had a great headrest for the Aeron chair.

Bookmark   October 24, 2012 at 3:13PM
cathy.d

Functionality over style is always tough when shopping for furniture! I'll do some research and get back to you with my thoughts :)

Bookmark   October 25, 2012 at 6:02PM
freethinker99

Have a look at Martin Furniture for some nice looks.

Bookmark   October 25, 2012 at 9:09PM
joseph002

Buying new home office furniture can transform your space.It becomes very essential to consider the comfort level, when it comes to purchasing your home office furniture for your home.I think buying home office furniture should be carried out online where you have a number of suppliers that you can easily compare.

Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 3:06AM
MonikaBrook

Yes, a good research is definitely what is necessary...according to a number negative reviews and complaints posted on consumer sites like this one http://www.pissedconsumer.com/consumer-reviews/furniture.html

Bookmark   June 14, 2013 at 4:42AM
More Discussions
Couch for Big and Tall Guy
What suggestions would you all offer on what to look...
happs
Debating between a drexel or henredon bed
What is better quality? The are both 4 post beds. Just...
shweebies
Duane Collie - Question, Please!
Our H & M Kodiak sofa, love seat, chair & ottoman...
cindylouhoo
Michael Thomas sectional
Recently rented a luxury ski home that featured a Michael...
Christina Stumpf
What happens to returned furniture
We recently received a living room furniture and one...
madness76
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™