Empire vs Heat and Glow

Karen45624October 30, 2011

We are building a new home. We found an Empire vented fireplace insert (Tahoe luxury model) at a really good price. We also saw a Heat and Glow that was a lot more money that we liked. Does anyone have an opinion as to whether one is better than the other? Both used natural gas and have remotes.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
almostemptynester

I'm just starting the process of choosing a NG fireplace and Heat n Glow is one I'm considering. The BTUs and features such as remote seem to differentiate thefts. Also how realistic the flames are. They get pricey! I'm also looking at Astria (Formerly Lennox) and Valor Vantana.

Bookmark   December 4, 2014 at 7:51AM
jackfre

Both make good fireplaces. With gas fireplaces the rubber meets the road at your satisfaction with the burn of the units. Find a place where you can look at the burn on each unit and decide from there.

Bookmark   December 11, 2014 at 3:25PM
Jackbone123

I think both are equally good. Moreover, if natural gas option is a bit relatively inexpensive option so i'll prefer this one over its counterpart.

Bookmark   December 30, 2014 at 2:45AM
from_a_buick_8

We are in the same boat, adding an addition and will be installing a new fireplace. Have looked at a Lennox model, Ambience Model and a heat n Glo. Hard to find a good place around us to see several different brands side by side. So far I like the Heat n Glo 6000CLX series. I am kind of surprised by the price of these units, we had a $2,000 allowance in the bid for the fireplace.

Bookmark   January 15, 2015 at 11:56AM
More Discussions
best way to clean a brick hearth?
i have tried washing the brick, but it still looks...
bmmalone
1st timer needs pellet stove guidence
The wife and I just bought a new single floor 1800...
bksinaz
Converting wood fireplace to gas fireplace
Help, I'm overwhelmed. Any link to a good site that...
nosoccermom
Fireplace Options?
Looking to put a wood burning fireplace in our new...
rmverb
do you recognize this stacked stone?
I would like to install stacked stone and found this...
rosebay
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™